What Is Happyness For Thai People?

swisstouristpattaya

If you're only after the opinions of Thais, would't it be best to ask a Thai forum? I could tell you what I think of Swiss people though if you're interested. :whistling:

The chocolates are not bad, but not very partial to cookoo clocks....:lol:

oh you know, we Thai's want nothing more than to marry a man with the girth of a blue whale and who we can treat like an ATM.

I know many won't believe any other answer! :whistling:

I didn't know it but I have recently come to learn by reading Thai visa that Pattaya is not really Thailand so maybe there should be a different thread titled what is happiness for Pattaya people.

I asked the G/F she said; ผิวขาวและ เงิน……..You did want just the Thai view…..Right?

Ok, OK, White skin and money!

My GF reckons you made that up, she is adamant most Thais would say ผิวเป็นไรเงินที่หนึ่ง

And as for Kerry, she asks "Why, this man have big pink wallet"?:rolleyes:

Edited by ozzieovaseas

OK, I asked my Thai better half and was informed that 'Happiness to a Thai" is to be away from here and not waste valuable time submitting answers to questions that have no real answer. Basically my translation is "you just don't understand".

Now, wait a minute fellow posters: the OP was polite, using please and thank you, why the hostility? Maybe he's writing a novel and needs some input...

1. I can speak from ongoing observation of my neighbor's facial expressions that burning fluorescent lighbulbs and used plastic baby diapers seems to be the very definition of happiness.

2. When I asked my girlfriend, what makes Thai people happy, she came back with the fastest response ever: Money.

She must not be Thai then, and this has now opened up a long period of my trying to figure out where the hell she is from.

I asked the G/F she said; ผิวขาวและ เงิน……..You did want just the Thai view…..Right?

My GF reckons you made that up, she is adamant most Thais would say ผิวเป็นไรเงินที่หนึ่ง

This is a case; "I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or about to lie, or just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH."

Please tell your G/F well done, she can have anything off the top shelf.

But I'm right? Your G/F said; ผิวเป็นไรเงินที่หนึ่ง:whistling:

Edited by Tonto21

Please could you ask your thai lady or men, what means "happyness" to them, and report here.

please, I am not interested by what you think unless you are thai.

Well I can tell you for a certain that Thai people love their king, he's the glue of our country, and the king good health and long live are what make us happy.

Here is the top 5 from what I have heard

1. Long live the kingjap.gif

2. Be able to find enough time to make a merit at the nearest wat.. or do the tak-bath every morning.

3. Having a good family

4. Having a good health

5. Having a good fortune …(yes this may be a surprise, but most thais "that I know" do not place money is number ONE)

It was a gift from that big ugly lady boy I hang around with.

Right here, right now is all they think about.

Whilst Farangs always look ahead, I guess that's why Farangs are so happy and content all the time and the Thais always seem to be pissed off, bitter and twisted, and are always freeking whining. smile.gif

Edited by GM1955

It's personal so don't really want to go into it in detail but she always mentioned the words big and pink.

Hmm, is that code for a vagina?

My personal experience is that money is what makes most of the locals happy. Flashy material possessions such as iphones, vehicles, and bling bling also do the trick.

Now, wait a minute fellow posters: the OP was polite, using please and thank you, why the hostility? Maybe he's writing a novel and needs some input...

1. I can speak from ongoing observation of my neighbor's facial expressions that burning fluorescent lighbulbs and used plastic baby diapers seems to be the very definition of happiness.

2. When I asked my girlfriend, what makes Thai people happy, she came back with the fastest response ever: Money.

She must not be Thai then, and this has now opened up a long period of my trying to figure out where the hell she is from.

Funny