Video Editing Software

endure

I have an avi file which is nearly 3 hours long. There are great chunks of it that are of no interest at all. I would like some editing software (preferably free) that will allow me to whiz through it chopping the chunks out that I don't want - multiple chunks at a time. I'd like to be able to do this in more than one session and not have to do it all at once. I'd also like the software to do this without having to re-encode the video stream every time. The file also has audio which I'd like to be kept in sync with the bits of video that are left. Am I asking for too much? Suggestions on a postcard please.

I like cyberlink pro version 9 = about $80.00

A bit of a learning curve - but not too bad.

Seems to save a lot of time and you can do all sorts of cool stuff.

You need at least a P4 - 300 mgz .

I find the program a huge time saver - after learning at first.

The have lots of tutorials online

The software has been stable - even on my older machine.

It's probably on your system already: Windows Video.

Thanks for the suggestion but as far as I can see WV will allow me to select and save bits that I want but what I need to do is scan the whole movie and throw away the bits I don't want whilst hanging on to the bits that I do.

Thanks for the suggestion but as far as I can see WV will allow me to select and save bits that I want but what I need to do is scan the whole movie and throw away the bits I don't want whilst hanging on to the bits that I do.

That Windows programme will do exactly what you want. Just read the help file. There is also the free Windows Live Movie Maker.

• 2 weeks later...

you may need to download it from M$

I can't find anything named "Windows Video" on Microsoft or on the internet. Is that the name of the program?

I have "Windows Live Movie Maker". However, with that program I can only save in wmv format.

MSPain

Edited by hml367