Helmet From Singapore

Gary A

Hehe, the guy from Italy change his shipping price from €30 to €75 ohmy.png

So I found another one who only charge me €170 incl shipment. The reason for this low price was that he could deduct the EU VAT from the price.

So if not stuck in customs, the helmet will cost me 6977 Baht totally.

Edited by inventorinthailand

According to thaicbr, Dirtshop has this model for 11,500 baht.
Basically double the price of US vendors. DirtShop's a rip off!

Well most Uk shops are a rip off as well cos they cost about 9,xxx there. But i do agree if you can buy it in Singapore for 7,500 then you SHOULD be able to get it here for not a lot more.

Thaicbr.. any idea where in Singapore would be best to go to look at these Im there in two weeks time.

I managed to buy 2 Arai helmets that don't fit. Both are big enough around (60-61 cm), and both seemed fine in the shop, at least to my own inexperienced self. But if I wear them for longer than 30 minutes, I get a huge headache. Pressure point on the forehead. Expensive lessons.... I ended up with 2 because I tried the most oval of the Arais in the USA and it fit me fine but they didn't have my color. So I went back to Thailand, ordered the same model, and... turns out to be round. Arai makes different shape helmets for different markets, and they have the same model name... oh well. The Arai Profile for the Asian market is rather round, whereas in the west, it's oval.

Know what you mean, been there myself. Terrible headaches with Shoei open face ones.

Any advice on brands suitable for us "ovals" appreciated.

Got my 43-air for 8500 on sale from the Dirtshop!!!. Love it, especially without the chin bar. The visor is so good that sometimes I forget that I have it down!!!

How does it do in the summer here with highway riding. Any better than Arai's? Sure it has that huge vent up top, but does that really work???

Hehe, the guy from Italy change his shipping price from €30 to €75 ohmy.png

So I found another one who only charge me €170 incl shipment. The reason for this low price was that he could deduct the EU VAT from the price.

So if not stuck in customs, the helmet will cost me 6977 Baht totally.

Hi,

I got the Helmet today from Italy. Looks good and it fits perfect. 59 cm head so a Large was perfect. No trouble with the customs even as it was declared as 170 euro value. 170 euro = 6977 baht. clap2.gif

PM if you want to buy one too from him.

Thanks