Using Thai Amex Card To Purchase Thai Airways Fights

theoldgit

Some months ago somebody started a thread complaining that Thai Airways no longer accepted Thai Amex Cards to book flights, I had no reason to doubt the other member, after all he had been told first hand from Thai Airways about the change in policy, Amex told me at the time that their card could be used to book flights with Thai.

Today I got a promotional flyer from Amex advising me that they are offering treble ROP Miles on any Thai flights booked via the Thai website, using the Amex card. So it beggars the question are Thai now accepting Amex cards, or did they never stop.

Edited by theoldgit

I just did a ghost booking on Thai Airways.

Following cards are accepted : VISA - MASTER - AMEX - JCB

Yermanee :jap:

perhaps they made an exception weil du so grosse Titten hast? :huh:

Not my tits, just have a good eye for worthwhile views :o

Yermanee

I book a flight 2 times a month on Thai and have always used my Amex card. Been doing this for the last year and a half and no problems. However my Amex is not a Thai Airways card just a plain Amex.

The only problem I have ever had with Thai is when I book a flight for my wife on my card and she is not flying with me. Used to be you could fax a consent form to BKK and everything was fine. Now don't even try to book a flight for anyone else unless you are flying with them and can produce the credit card

Edited by dinger

I just did a ghost booking on Thai Airways.

Following cards are accepted : VISA - MASTER - AMEX - JCB

Yermanee :jap:

perhaps they made an exception weil du so grosse Titten hast? :huh:

But must sit in the middle of the airplane so the airplane is not heavier on one side.