Food Imports From Uk

gennisis

Have made a few favorites purchases recently from UK.all dispatched by Parcelforce.Like all shipping costs....EXPENSIVEsad.gif but at least very good delivery times.

My latest was a dozen Frey Bentos S&K pies( on special offer of 2 GBP) each....normaly 2.70. and a few assorted goodies. Dispatched UK Tuesday delivered home in Chiang Mai 11 am Friday... no taxes.....at least some UK enterprises work !!

Just have to wait until next week for my Thorntons chocolates to be delivered....half price offers from them at the moment.biggrin.gif

From Belgium, I am receiving every two months a twenty kilograms parcel -and this for the last six years- containing cheeses, coldcuts, chocolates, canned food, +++... but only two bottles of wine sad.gif

Anyway, I never got annoyed with this by the customs -receiving them directly at home- and my Dad pays something around 120 euros to send the box by "La Poste" EMS service.

P.S.: while living in Koh Phangan, years ago I tried it once... but the box never arrived!

From Belgium, I am receiving every two months a twenty kilograms parcel -and this for the last six years- containing cheeses, coldcuts, chocolates, canned food, +++... but only two bottles of wine sad.gif

Anyway, I never got annoyed with this by the customs -receiving them directly at home- and my Dad pays something around 120 euros to send the box by "La Poste" EMS service.

P.S.: while living in Koh Phangan, years ago I tried it once... but the box never arrived!

I am amazed at your shipping cost.

A 20 kgm( 45 lbs) for only 1120 euro(100gbp)unsure.gif

If I ordered that weight the shipping costs would be far far higher from UK

I just had a look at the website, good selection but, OMG, don't they charge top dollar. I compared some of the things I might buy with the Sainsbury's website, Bounty Bars, Jacobs Cream Crackers and Paxo stuffing were double the Sainsbury's price, one hell of a market.

That said it's a pretty good, albeit expensive, service. I suspect when they have enough orders they shop in Sainsbury's.

I just had a look at the website, good selection but, OMG, don't they charge top dollar. I compared some of the things I might buy with the Sainsbury's website, Bounty Bars, Jacobs Cream Crackers and Paxo stuffing were double the Sainsbury's price, one hell of a market.

That said it's a pretty good, albeit expensive, service. I suspect when they have enough orders they shop in Sainsbury's.

One good thing about them is that they provide a 'sliding chart' of the weight you have ordered against the shipping cost. So you can see that you can increase your items but remain in the same shipping cost bracket...allowed me to add a pack of cumpets on my last order.wink.gif

I buy all my western stuff of sausage king company -pies-bacon - sausage etc and all excellent quality and he can deliver all thailand to your door for a small fee www.sausageking1.com (worth a try.)

One good thing about them is that they provide a 'sliding chart' of the weight you have ordered against the shipping cost. So you can see that you can increase your items but remain in the same shipping cost bracket...allowed me to add a pack of cumpets on my last order.wink.gif

Try doing an online quote with Cardinal Maritime - a 20kg, 1cu box is GBP 112 delivered to Bangkok (drops to GBP 34 if you take the box to east London docks).

Try doing an online quote with Cardinal Maritime - a 20kg, 1cu box is GBP 112 delivered to Bangkok (drops to GBP 34 if you take the box to east London docks).

be muc

Ah!! shipping by ship...yes that would be much cheaper,but the post mentioned EMS

and I guess customs,freight to Chiang Mai would add to the cost..at least with parcel Force there are no customscool.gif

Edited by gennisis