Tiger Motorbikes

YipYipYa123

called these guys again and couldnt get a straight answer out of them about stock ,parts ,prices, ordering ,availability etc

well.thats not entirely true (i got several answers ,most of them completely different depending on who you talk to )

they have pgo scooters , sach x-road enduros 250cc bikes + smaller motards and 250cc road bikes on their site

stories about them sending mechanics to your house to fix the problems that should have been fixed at the factory

before they delivered the thing doesnt make me full of confidence

delivering bikes so dangerous and badly designed the plastic parts start melting and pieces falling off because they forgot to

asssemble them properly

i asked about a test ride on some of their bikes and wait for it ,NONE OF THEM ARE SET UP TO BE DRIVEN at the moment

(NOT ONE SINGLE BIKE !! )............

but i could make an appointment and their mechanics would fix one up so i could do a couple of laps of the car park on it

i thought starting a bike was turning the key or using the kicker ? why do we need the mechanics to set that up in advance ??

the bike is either built or it isnt ,ready to drive on roads or not ,no other manufacturer needs a few days notice to start one of their engines

they were happy to give me their bank details on the first email so i could deposit 90 or 100k though

do they want to sell these things or not ?

they seem to be having problems with this x-road 250cc theyre trying to build ,its cheap but i would avoid it

heard rumours of cheap chinese parts being substituted in a proven sachs design but theyre not allowed to put sachs branding on it anymore

because of some internal dispute so its not a "sachs" x-road anymore

somebody here bought one and it was so bad the factory eventualy had to buy it back off him ,cant remember his name but if u search you might find his story ,its not a happy one anyway ............:unsure:

Who are you working for?

i want to buy a bike and i only know what i read online ,i dont work for any motorbike companies

do you have something positive experience to say about tiger x-roads ?

No, but I don't have one (not that not owning one seems to stop anyone else opining about them) - as far as I know only half-a-dozen people do and you can get one owner's view at the Club Forum website. At the moment, as far as I know, they are not producing/selling any 250cc bikes (X-Road or Boxer) until they have finished ironing out any problems (such as the efi system with the Boxer) - would you prefer that they gave you a test ride or sold you a bike that wasn't ready for production and sale?

Maybe you could compare this with your experience with any of the "big 4" that you have contacted asking for a test drive of one of their bikes bike that isn't in production or ready for sale and that their showrooms don't have?

To answer your question, as asked: No, they don't want to sell the X-Road 250 at the moment. They also assemble other brands for sale in Thailand and export their own brand to the Philippines, so producing bikes for sale locally is not their only priority. Maybe you could curb your enthusiasm until after you have tested one and then post about it?

wana, all the Sachs branded X-Roads, including those exported to Australia and elsewhere, were made (fabricated) in China even if the sub-assemblies were put together elsewhere. The Tiger X-Road is no different.

Who are you working for?

i want to buy a bike and i only know what i read online ,i dont work for any motorbike companies

do you have something positive experience to say about tiger x-roads ?

No, but I don't have one (not that not owning one seems to stop anyone else opining about them) - as far as I know only half-a-dozen people do and you can get one owner's view at the Club Forum website. At the moment, as far as I know, they are not producing/selling any 250cc bikes (X-Road or Boxer) until they have finished ironing out any problems (such as the efi system with the Boxer) - would you prefer that they gave you a test ride or sold you a bike that wasn't ready for production and sale?

Maybe you could compare this with your experience with any of the "big 4" that you have contacted asking for a test drive of one of their bikes bike that isn't in production or ready for sale and that their showrooms don't have?

To answer your question, as asked: No, they don't want to sell the X-Road 250 at the moment. They also assemble other brands for sale in Thailand and export their own brand to the Philippines, so producing bikes for sale locally is not their only priority. Maybe you could curb your enthusiasm until after you have tested one and then post about it?

wana, all the Sachs branded X-Roads, including those exported to Australia and elsewhere, were made (fabricated) in China even if the sub-assemblies were put together elsewhere. The Tiger X-Road is no different.

dont get me wrong ,i didnt say Tiger should give people test drives on bikes that are not ready yet for any reason

just from the limited info of what i heard the x-road 250 is not a bike i would recommend buying

the Tiger boxer 200 or 250 at 60 or 70k or whatever they sell them for is a bike i would recommend "for the price" of it (good value /performance ratio )

of course the japanese big 4 can do better bikes ,but they have unlimited budgets to play with so thats to be expected :)

My brother-in-law still rides his Tiger Boxer 250 RS, and as I checked it last time had offered the bike, which we (my wife and I) give him freely, little service... still the bike runs like the day I give it to him. Matter of fact with a bit of love (oil change, airfilter...etc) the bike even runs better than I can remember it.

The Tiger Boxer 250 RS is a motorcycle I would recommend to anybody who is looking for a good, honest and solid motorcycle.

The X-Road 250, is not produced by Tiger Motor and Tiger Motor depends on parts from Chinese suppliers who have contracts with Sachs Bike. Does Tiger motorcycle already get the new shipment of X-road parts from China, they said they would have new stock at the end of August....

If i were looking for a cheap motard style bike i may would give the MBIKE Delta200 a try. It is only 69,000 Baht and seems to be made by Loncin in China. I would save a lot of money compared to the X-Road. And the quality should not be much different. Also the long term availability of service and spare parts should not be much different. But this sure depends on what place you live in Thailand. For both, Delta200 or X-Road, you would need to look for a good mechanic or be able to do service on your own.

If you do test drives on cheap bikes that were assembled in Thailand please be careful. Also when you receive your cheap bike. Check every screw that is related to security (brakes, wheels, Front fork, ...) for that it is tightened correctly. You should not rely on Thai mechanics on cheap bikes. There is not quality control of the bikes. Everything can happen. I got my bike directly from the factory with a front brake that was not correctly mounted to the front fork. The screws were not tightened and i was able to turn them with my bare hands! Please check everything on your new bike and after every service. Better wear a helmet even (or especially) on test drives!

Good luck :)

I'd like to swing a leg over both the Boxer and the X-roader.....just to know what they are like.

dont know about the x-road but the 250cc boxer is a decent bike for the price it costs

i like driving it ,it sounds good with the tsuguki exhaust and looks cool

with upside down gold n silver forks etc

gas shocks ,tubeless tyres , 5 or 6 spoke alloys etc

it doesnt have as smooth a gear box as a cbr 150 or a baby ninja but the low down torque of that engine will

pull you up a hill in nearly any gear and its economical for a 250cc with carb

a tank full (12.5 litres) lasts for ages :)

if they get their sh1t together and make an EFI version happen i think theyde be onto a winner

Well, I couldn't even s i t on a ER 650 in Chiang Mai.

how we dont hear about the people say Tiger was soooooooo good anymore :)

i should take a pic of my friends bike with sidecar how rusty after 450KM is

Yes go on then.. take a picture and show us how rusty it is. i imagine its soooo rusty that it has holes on the chassis...right

or is it just superficial rust here and there that A LOT of bikes get when they are sat in the RAIN. especially in Pattaya's toxic rain (from the industrial estates along the eastern seaboard)

Yes go on then.. take a picture and show us how rusty it is. i imagine its soooo rusty that it has holes on the chassis...right

or is it just superficial rust here and there that A LOT of bikes get when they are sat in the RAIN. especially in Pattaya's toxic rain (from the industrial estates along the eastern seaboard)

I was waiting for you :) bike is in carport in Kathu, he use it for a nice sunny day, he got 3 bikes and a car :)

I was waiting for you :) bike is in carport in Kathu, he use it for a nice sunny day, he got 3 bikes and a car :)

And i was waiting for you. As far as i'm aware you do not have a Tiger bike, would never ride a Tiger bike in fact would not even look at a Tiger bike.. Yet you seem to always have an opinion of Tiger bikes. .....Strange obsessions people have B)

u never hear anyone talking about their old 100cc wave /dream either :rolleyes:

TIger sells a few hundred bikes a year ,honda yamaha. suzuki and kawasaki probably sell hundreds of thousands ,statistically its only

natural that you wil hear from very few tiger owners since they are in such a small minority

you could look at it the opposite way ,people scream to anybody who wil listen if they have a defective product and but if it just works and they

are happy they dont feel the need to start internet threads about it

hearing no complaints is probably a good sign IMO

on saturday i went to their service centre with a friends boxer 250 rs but while they were servicing the boxer ,they gave us a test drive on the the tiger pgo/g-max 150cc

to tel you the truth ,its not a bad scooter ,its almost as smooth as a pcx ,feels a little slower than an elegance,steers and turns well ,excellent brakes , (it has a rev counter though :rolleyes: which felt a bit weird on a automatic scooter when they didnt think to put one on the 250cc boxer rs )

there was a yellow sachs 125cc /stunt bike in the window but its not for test drives unfortunately so couldnt try that