Recommended Dating Service (Online/Agency)?

RobL

Hi all,

Well, I'm ready to settle down and would be happy to meet a nice thai lady. I'm not interested in call girls, bar girls, and alike, but a decent, down to earth person to build a life with.

Can members kindly recommended either online sites or more traditional office agencies which specialize in matchmaking between western foreigners and decent thai girls?. Ideally, such a service/agency would actually validate/screen its clientele, so I'm not wasting my time reading bogus profiles.

Cheers,

Rob.

Edited by RobL

With any site you need to exercise caution.

On dateinasia there are many girls, but a lot of Filipinas. I actually fouind my wife on there ( before we were married of course!!!!!!!), there are some great girls on there, another one is badoo, a lot of people seem to use that, and you can chat and see photos, but again be aware that the photos are photoshopped.

Edited by beano2274

thanks kunash. By "bogus posters" you mean someone posting a false profile?. what's the point if you're going to meet in person & find out eventually?.

They will try to extort money before meeting etc etc....

If something appears to good to be true...... it normally is!

JH

believe it or not, some dating site posters are scammers, and are only looking for you to send them money.

make sure you chat with them on video msn or skype. talk to them by phone at different times of day. i would personally look for someone who had a job. My wife was a teacher so I video called her at work, and so knew that was her job. If they ask you to send them money - dont. I would talk to a few ladies before you deicde to go and see a lady. where would you like to live in thailand? if you want to live in the sticks, best not to talk to someone living in bangkok. if their speaking english is good - be wary. where did they learn their english?

edit - there is also thailovelinks.com

Edited by kunash

believe it or not, some dating site posters are scammers, and are only looking for you to send them money.

make sure you chat with them on video msn or skype. talk to them by phone at different times of day. i would personally look for someone who had a job. My wife was a teacher so I video called her at work, and so knew that was her job. If they ask you to send them money - dont. I would talk to a few ladies before you deicde to go and see a lady. where would you like to live in thailand? if you want to live in the sticks, best not to talk to someone living in bangkok. if their speaking english is good - be wary. where did they learn their english?

edit - there is also thailovelinks.com

Bangkok girls have proved to be ok with the site I use, lots of normal 'office type girls' mmmm :-) Yes I agree about there being lots of fakes-scammers, but very easy to spot!

When I was stuck in BKK coz the ash cloud back in UK one of these girls even PAID to take me out for the extra week I was in the city. If you can't work out who's genuine or not after a few weeks/months then best not to use these sites at all....

I met some great girls on Dateinasia. But as KUNASH states most of the others were asking for money, and on DIA, some guy posted about a girl who he had sent money to, then a few more guys started adding that they had sent her money, to many guys have no ideas.

Badoo is quite good you can chat, it is free, but if you want more freedom to chat and whatever you have to pay.

Dateinasia is free for everyone.

My best friend is still looking for a guy, she is mid twenties and a good looking, hard working office girl. I met her on DIA too.

Instead of using an agency ... Have you thought about coming here and meeting a woman ... My best friend came to visit me at Christmas ... He met a lovely woman who worked in Tescos ... They are getting on really well and I think he has met a lovely honest woman ... My wife and I see her a lot and she is going to the UK soon for a visit. I have lived here for 14 months ... I live in Chonburi town ... And there are many single women here. The tip I would give you ... Try and learn the language a bit ... It certainly helps ... I wish you good luck ..

Thanks mates.

Isn't there a service which actually screens the thai ladies, say something like a dating agency?.

Yes there are agencies, but am not sure about fees, most of the guys I know either met their wives by chance or met them on the Internet.

Thanks beano & essexman.

essexman: Just arriving to the LOS for a short time & starting to look around for my significant other behind shop counters etc. seems a bit opportunistic to me. I'd like to chat/talk with someone before. If it feels right, sure, I'll come over for a visit to meet in person. But there needs to be some ground to stand on first.

sure but if a girl walks in to an agency wearing heavy makeup, high heels & a tight dress, she's probably not that innocent. Also, I would imagine they would be able to discern from a face-to-face conversation if a lady is a "good girl" or just blowing smoke. It's not fool-proof, but it's an extra layer of "security".

Edited by RobL

sure but if a girl walks in to an agency wearing heavy makeup, high heels & a tight dress, she's probably not that innocent. Also, I would imagine they would be able to discern from a face-to-face conversation if a lady is a "good girl" or just blowing smoke. It's not fool-proof, but it's an extra layer of "security".

Girls have to pay for an agency so they would be real. But you pay your money you take your chances.

I have said what sites I used, they worked for me, I was careful and knew when something was not right.

cheers beano. care to share some tips what to look out for?

One of my favourite things was looking at photos taken outside when at the beach or something, you can tell the studio kind of photos.

One girl I met on DIA is currently one of my best friends, and still single after all these years. But sooooo sweet. She deleted her

profile, as too many guys on there were just after sex, and she was not interested, so it is not just bad girls on there but guys

who just want a quickie. I and my friends found badoo better.

Edited by beano2274

cheers beano. care to share some tips what to look out for?

One of my favourite things was looking at photos taken outside when at the beach or something, you can tell the studio kind of photos.

One girl I met on DIA is currently one of my best friends, and still single after all these years. But sooooo sweet. She deleted her

profile, as too many guys on there were just after sex, and she was not interested, so it is not just bad girls on there but guys

who just want a quickie. I and my friends found badoo better.

Think I shall take a look DIA myself :-)