Sea Kayak

If you find they are too expensive there used to be inexpensive kayaks opposite makro in surat

(although obviously if you go just for a kayak then its probably not cheaper but if you find you have business in surat then it is worth checking out)

If you find they are too expensive there used to be inexpensive kayaks opposite makro in surat

(although obviously if you go just for a kayak then its probably not cheaper but if you find you have business in surat then it is worth checking out)

I was kind of hoping someone would tell me there was somewhere closer to chaweng, rather than further away. Or actually on another landmass <_<

Furniture shop - just north of Nathon. Owned by Kh Yot.

Furniture in the main shop and kayaks in the smaller shop - you can see them from the road. Out of Nathon - on the right.

Thanks squire.

I'll take a trip out next week.

depends on what type of kayak you are after,most here are solid but slowwwww,good for a 500m paddle only,im bringing in several 5.4m sea -sit in kayaks,good for a paddle aroun samui,light fast,strong ,with a rudder,storage areas,with paddle,spray skirt,life jacker-cost 28,000 on samui my email is //e-mail removed//, cheers

Edited by Tywais
e-mail removed as per forum rules

I looked around in Thailand and couldn't find anything worth spending money on, so I bit the bullet and got a Feathercraft Wisper XP folding kayak. Goes into a knapsack which can be checked as baggage on a plane or bus.

Used it this year to

i. (320 kms)

Also use it for

. Edited by koknia

I looked around in Thailand and couldn't find anything worth spending money on, so I bit the bullet and got a Feathercraft Wisper XP folding kayak. Goes into a knapsack which can be checked as baggage on a plane or bus.

Used it this year to

i. (320 kms)

Also use it for

Tried watching the video - got sea sick. Sorry.:sick:

It looks like you are a very serious kayak'er. Well done. I cannot imagine doing 320 km's from Samui. (The sea sick bit is true - I get sea sick snorkelling!:()

Edit because spell check failed!

Edited by Tropicalevo

Thanks for checking them out. I was actually heading for Malaysia but got a nasty fever half way and had to pull up lame at Krabi. (Misdiagnosed there as hemorrhagic dengue.) My paddling buddy ended up making the Malaysian border. (670 kms total) This year we are off to paddle Palawan for six weeks. I can't stress how much freedom a folding kayak affords. Well worth the extra $$$. If you can't afford a Feathercraft, Folbot makes some nice ones at around half the price.

I just got a decent hard shell 'yak to leave in Ranong as well. My friend got a deal on a couple from a manufacturer going out of biz.

Furniture shop - just north of Nathon. Owned by Kh Yot.

Furniture in the main shop and kayaks in the smaller shop - you can see them from the road. Out of Nathon - on the right.

Thanks squire.

I'll take a trip out next week.

Went past today - did not see a sign on the shop, but it is opposite a Thai nursery for kids.

Coming from Nathon to Maenam - leave Nathon. Past the RC church and school (on the R)

Past the 7/11 on the corner to the ferry piers (on the L)

Past the Shell museum (on the L)

Past the temple (on the R) the shop is about 50 meters past the temple on the R hand side of the road - nursery is on the L.

I bought my Triyak there some 9 years ago - still going strong. (The Triyak - not me!)

Used it this year to

i. (320 kms)

Also use it for

Koknia,

Respect to you, you are obviously dedicated.

I just want one to stop getting fat, keep me out of the ale house and give me something to do when I have no lead in my pencil.

Think we have different needs on this front ;)

Used it this year to

i. (320 kms)

Also use it for

Koknia,

Respect to you, you are obviously dedicated.

I just want one to stop getting fat, keep me out of the ale house and give me something to do when I have no lead in my pencil.

Think we have different needs on this front ;)

That's actually how I started, it just kind of got away on me! I paddled those little sit on tops for years around beaches in the Andaman. They are great for getting a workout since they are not exactly streamlined.

• 4 months later...

Update.

Visited the shop outside Nathon yesterday. They are sellers of the FeelFree range of kayaks and have a few in stock. http://www.feelfreekayak.com/home/

They all looked pretty good to me and am tempted to buy - but don't live on the beach so not sure how easily/often I would use it. Prices start from THB 14,500 which seem comparable to UK prices, although here they do include the paddle, which is an extra elsewhere. Look more substantial that the ones you would hire from the beach - wheels, dry storage, wet storage, fishing rod gadgets etc. They say they can deliver today if I ring this morning, and then pay the driver.

The furniture shop next door looked pretty good too!

there is a water sports shop on the beach just south of rocky's resort. i've got a few very nice water toys there, something that lets me scuba without a tank (as deep as 12m for 60mins) as well as some of those underwater propulsion "toys" that will pull you along so you don't have to kick. they had kayaks for sale the last time i was in there but i don't know manufacturer or prices.

Update.

Visited the shop outside Nathon yesterday. They are sellers of the FeelFree range of kayaks and have a few in stock. http://www.feelfreekayak.com/home/

They all looked pretty good to me and am tempted to buy - but don't live on the beach so not sure how easily/often I would use it. Prices start from THB 14,500 which seem comparable to UK prices, although here they do include the paddle, which is an extra elsewhere. Look more substantial that the ones you would hire from the beach - wheels, dry storage, wet storage, fishing rod gadgets etc. They say they can deliver today if I ring this morning, and then pay the driver.

The furniture shop next door looked pretty good too!

If you dont find what you want on the island you can order them direct via the website above. They understand english and can also deliver. I've done it before and good service.

new shop in lamui on ring road towards Hua Thanon got some crazt stuff in there. worth a butchers hook.

also there is one in nathong coming from manam side

this shop is just cross the road from me it's call the marine shop just passed rockys hotel and the temple on the left hand side coming from lamai does not same busy place though and do not know what they cost.