Good Luck Oz

lampard10

Despite all Supermouths efforts to sour English/Ozzie relations, I would like to take this chance to say " The best of luck Australia" before your crunch match this weekend. I think I can safely say from all us Poms, that we hope you stuff those South Americans and at last take your place in the World Cup in Germany. Come on boys. Do it for us. :o

Hmmmmm Uruguay and Australia play.....

3-1 Uruguay - after all its Oz and footie isn't their sport. :D

They have a lot of top class players, Premiership, Seria A, La Liga etc...... :D

My prediction 3-2 to Uruguay in South America and 3-1 Oz in the return...... :o

And I'm a Brit, Brit....... :D

I'd love to be proven otherwise but I think we're going to have to wait 4 more years, yet again.. We'll have a better chance going through Asia next time.

I think overall we have a worse team this time around and Uruguay have improved.

If you look at our top players (Viduka, Cahill & Kewell) ,they're either out of form, injury prone or not playing first team football.

Bresicano & Grella are the bright spots in the middle, Skoko & Chipperfield are outclassed, Emerton is a waste of space (most overrated aussie player ever).

The real problem is at the back with our only world class defender (Moore) out. Lucas Neil is a tough defender but always gets exposed by pacy forwards.

Anyway I've got my fingers crossed we can get a 0-0 away result and then pinch it at home.

<snip>Anyway I've got my fingers crossed we can get a 0-0 away result and then pinch it at home.

I would rather see 2-all and then 0-0 in Australia. Remember what happened when Australia played Iran ?

Yep,

The image of Steve Horvatz stepping forwar an putting his arm up like a traffic cop with Azizi gliding through the middle and wrong-footing Bosnich remains permanently etched in my memory. :o

I can't see us scoring away from home with their quality defence unless Viduka can really step up.

1-0 result for Uruguay, pressure on Oz now.

It's weird , all the Oz press is making this out like a good result.

We're in a tough position now, if we concede an away goal it's all over. Uruguay can stick 11 players behind the ball and look to hit us on the break. They used similar tactics 4 years ago in Melbourne and we did manage to break them down for a few clear cut scoring chances.

We're in a tough position now, if we concede an away goal it's all over. Uruguay can stick 11 players behind the ball and look to hit us on the break. They used similar tactics 4 years ago in Melbourne and we did manage to break them down for a few clear cut scoring chances.

Best of luck anyway. Maybe Harry Kewell can get rid of that poofter hair do and stick a couple in the back of the net.

A sad day for Aussie getting up a soccer team :D

Hopefuly never happen in NZ :o

Best of luck anyway. Maybe Harry Kewell can get rid of that poofter hair do and stick a couple in the back of the net.

I agree, Kewell needs to get rid of the hair. That was such a soft goal for Australia to concede, such poor defending from an ageing backline. The signs are never good when you have Tony Vidmar in the starting 11. Lets hope for some good luck in Sydney we are due for it.