Cheap Chiangmai Acommodation

nickth

Hi all,

I am new here but seems to be a wealth of information and experienced people on this forum :-)

I will be arriving in Chiangmai this weekend for the first and am on a strict budget so was wondering if anyone knows of any apartments in the central location for around 2000 to 2300 baht per month with one months deposit.. Fan only is fine for me just need to have wireless internet, and bed shower and Tv would be a plus but not important

I have seen quite a few on the internet but just thought I would ask here for some recommendations or advice on this.

Many thanks

try latestays.com

lots of cheap prices for this weekend.

Thanks very much for this but i am actually looking for budget apartment to rent by the month not hotel :-)

just ask the hotel, most places will do it, a month is normally too short for rentals of apartments.

try latestays.com

Thanks very much for this but i am actually looking for budget apartment to rent by the month not hotel :-)

just ask the hotel, most places will do it, a month is normally too short for rentals of apartments.

I dont think you understand. He wants to spend 2000bht a month and I doubt , actually I guarantee a hotel wont do it.

try latestays.com

I dont think you understand. He wants to spend 2000bht a month and I doubt , actually I guarantee a hotel wont do it.

Exactly Zorro..... thanks for clarifying my original question

In that price range you better just walk around and ask at apartment buildings. For 2000-2500 you will not get a TV, but many places will include the most basic of furniture, like a bed and closet. But these are geared for longer term rentals, so you may also not find things like bedding or even a mattress.

If you stay relatively long term then this is no issue; you just go to Tesco and buy a pillow, bed sheet and so on. If you stay shorter term, like a month, then you should probably be looking at serviced apartments that provide such things, but then you pay a bit more.

Advice: Get a cheap guesthouse room first, you can find them for 150-200 baht a day, then start looking for long term accommodation.

In that price range you better just walk around and ask at apartment buildings. For 2000-2500 you will not get a TV, but many places will include the most basic of furniture, like a bed and closet. But these are geared for longer term rentals, so you may also not find things like bedding or even a mattress.

If you stay relatively long term then this is no issue; you just go to Tesco and buy a pillow, bed sheet and so on. If you stay shorter term, like a month, then you should probably be looking at serviced apartments that provide such things, but then you pay a bit more.

Advice: Get a cheap guesthouse room first, you can find them for 150-200 baht a day, then start looking for long term accommodation.

I agree with this.

when in the past i was on a trip with backpackers.

Some we getting very cheap accommodation on the outskirts of Chiang Mai.

Maybe look up some of the backpackers sites.

You will find places to stay. :)

Here are 2 sites i found that may help.

http://www.hostels.com/chiang-mai/thailand?source=hostelscombroadmatch&kid=00016803&aid=3&gclid=CND3zLLf06sCFcmDpAodWxvuRQ

http://www.reservations.bookhostels.com/southeastasiabackpacker/findabed.php?ChosenCountry=Thailand&ChosenCity=Chiang%20Mai

Edited by Lizard2010

I saw a big banner on Suthep Road today for a place called Chiang Come Hotel - it said 350Bt/night and 2000-2500 Bt per month.

It is down the soi with the banner , can't remember exactly but vaguely opposite the hospital (Suan Dok Hospital)

A Guest House i recommend is : S.B. House , which is located in the old city.

They have a decent room there with a hot water shower and bathroom. Small television and wifi .

Monthy for 2000 to 2500 .... . They also have other rooms for more money.

Not much English spoken, but they are good people there.

1/1 Soi 13, Prapokklao Rd. ( behind Thai Airways International. 053-210644 , 053-210737

Santitham area north of the moat, between Chang Puek Road and the superhighway is packed with rooming houses for students on every street, which would fit your requirements exactly. No problem to rent for a month; that's the norm.

But, these places don't advertise on the internet and quite a lot are full, especially the new ones. You will need to put in some footwork and go around and ask (preferably with someone who can speak Thai if you don't).

Take Winnie's advice and stay in a guest house for a few days until you find somewhere. Guest houses/cheap hotels in that area include Walai, Banilah, B2 Hotel, Inthanin Hotel, Pangsawan Hotel, Santitham Plaza Hotel. Google them.

Footnote: ITM Massage school have a good list of accommodation options in that area on their website see: www.itmthaimassage.com/accommodation.php

Edited by Paagai