Van To Immigration From Victory Monument

BigRick

Anyone know what van to take from Victory monument? That place is a gold mine of transportation options. I have been consistently amazed at how many useful places all these vans go and always at a reasonable hassle free price. I need to head out to Immigration and I knew there is a van from here just don't know where. The website lists vans and buses but the schedule looks like buses.

Not exactly an answer to the question you've asked, but I 'll post it anyway, in case you don't want to wait forever for a better reply. I don't know the answer to your question, however...

If you stand on the west side of Phahonyothin Road anywhere north of its intersection with Pradiphat Road, you can board Bus # 52. It goes north to Chaeng Wattana Road, then turns west and goes past immigration. While you wait for the bus, watch the vans that pass by; I think they are marked "Chaeng Wattana".

Take a van coming back, and as your near the end of the journey, ask the driver where to board it for the northbound trip.

There is a makeshift ticket desk there, if you follow the arc of the road round from where the vans exit its about 1/4 of the way round on the right hand side (OK, 3/4 of the way round from the BTS and van entrance).

This is where the TGF is useful but I'm sure if you keep repeating Chaeng Wattana they'll sort you out.

An alternative is the BTS to Mo Chit and then a taxi which is about 120 Baht each way.

Good luck and appreciate a post if you manage it.

Indeed I will give it a look. I know there is a van down there its just having the Thai misses with me to find it =) She is like a transportation blood hound I learned my lesson just letting her figure it out and keep my trap shut. Why would I take a taxi instead of a van? I find spending 35baht on van to do the same thing as a 200+baht taxi a smart option they operate on efficiency while you might get unlucky and get a taxi cab driver who decides to milk every Km he can.

Indeed I will give it a look. I know there is a van down there its just having the Thai misses with me to find it =) She is like a transportation blood hound I learned my lesson just letting her figure it out and keep my trap shut. Why would I take a taxi instead of a van? I find spending 35baht on van to do the same thing as a 200+baht taxi a smart option they operate on efficiency while you might get unlucky and get a taxi cab driver who decides to milk every Km he can.

The vans don't have numbers, only the destination in Thai but the Mrs will get you sorted OK. Just make sure it goes to the Immigration office, if it drops you at the entrance to that very big Govt complex you'll still need a taxi the rest of the way (there are motocy taxis). A lot of the taxi drivers from Mo Chit don't know the actual Immigration office once they get to the complex so still best to take 'er indoors whichever way you go.

Let us know how you get on, might save us all a bob (or a baht) or two in future.

There is a free shuttle bus which goes in from Chaeng Wattana to the building which contains the Immigration Dept. Look for it on the left, just past the motorcycle taxi guys. Just because those guys shout at you doesn't mean you need to use their services! They can see a farang coming from a kilometre away.

Actually there are two shuttle bus routes, red and blue, and I can't remember which one goes to Immigration. If you get on the wrong one, ride the full circle back to the origin, and get on the other one.

There is a free shuttle bus which goes in from Chaeng Wattana to the building which contains the Immigration Dept. Look for it on the left, just past the motorcycle taxi guys. Just because those guys shout at you doesn't mean you need to use their services! They can see a farang coming from a kilometre away.

Actually there are two shuttle bus routes, red and blue, and I can't remember which one goes to Immigration. If you get on the wrong one, ride the full circle back to the origin, and get on the other one.

Watching the flooding in Pakkred on TV last night, it jogged my memory: Most of the northbound/westbound vans that go past Immigration say "Pakkred" on the sign, though there may also be some that say "Chaengwattana".

There is a makeshift ticket desk there, if you follow the arc of the road round from where the vans exit its about 1/4 of the way round on the right hand side (OK, 3/4 of the way round from the BTS and van entrance).

This is where the TGF is useful but I'm sure if you keep repeating Chaeng Wattana they'll sort you out.

An alternative is the BTS to Mo Chit and then a taxi which is about 120 Baht each way.

Good luck and appreciate a post if you manage it.

I am not aware of direct vans from VM to the Govt Centre but one would think that there is a market for such so do let us know if you found one.

There are vans heading straight up Vihavadi to Rangsit (well not so much now) and you can exit at Chaeng Wattana and then bus or van it west.

However, you can take either the Pakret van (25 baht, #64?, get off at Central and cross the rd) or Muang Thong Thani van (30 baht, #86?) get off as soon as it exits on the east bound of Chaeng Wattana) vans (20 mins on the expressway) then a Miniburi van (10 baht) east along Chaeng Wattana. Pakret departs from the back of the NW corner of VM just before the small klong bridge and MTT departs from the west side under the expressway.

This may help in the future; (sourced from http://2bangkok.com/forum/showthread.php?3938-Minivan-routes-in-Bangkok-(BMTA))

189742.jpg

189744.jpg

The vans don't have numbers, only the destination in Thai)

SOme do-this varies, some are licensed and all that,some not. Even if they sow a nr-it may not be the right one, but from another route.

BUT; these vans follow exactly the same route as citybus 166, also from the VIct. Mon: over he ex-way, till indeed Ch wattana and then turn LEFT toward pak Kred, passing the Carrefour turned into Big C. They do NOT serve the stretch between railway/Vip_Rangsit rd and the exway turn off where the offices are located. When there are shows in Muang Thong, they may also serve that. Get a decent map and it will all be clear.

The VANS toward there lve from MOCHIT BTS-in between the enormous Q there serving all types of places-open mouth and ask-and anyway, you quote to have the lady with you, so why do I even write this (for the others who cannot think or realise). These follow the same route as bus 52: along Vip-Rangsit and turn left into Ch wattana-thus passing the govmt. complex on the far side of the road coming from town. Bus 52 is white, non AC and now labelled with govt./immigration in english. The best spot to pick it up is hence also the Mochit BTS. There are 3 variations on this route inner city end-some come from Huay Kwang, mst start at Bang Sue SRT/MRT station and run via Sapan kwai/Pradiphat.

Also bus 150 serves all the length of Ch wattana: from Pak Kred till Bang Khen-then on Ram Indira till bangkapi.

Do I now also need to tell, that this is the normal service when there are no floodings? And that services may stop or change when that would happen?

...or why not just go to the Mobile Immigration Office at Khao San & Bumrumgrad Hospital...?

They do every type of immigration admin issue that I can think of. They almost never have any customers and the service is very quick.

Just ring the Immigration Hotline for the times and dates. Or check out the posts on the mobile unit at ThaiVisa.