Type O Spouse Visa, Multiple Entry

I am looking to make a new type O multiple entry(1yr) visa for my husband in Hong Kong. However, the Thai Consul of HK website does not have any information about this type of visa. I tried to contact them by phone and by email but no reply. Does anyone know the requirements for type O spouse visa? From what I know the requirements vary according to different consul in different countries. I don't want to go all the way there and not have all the necessary documents.

I thought the applicant had to apply in person.

Normally marriage certificate, wifes ID card, wifes Tambien baan, his passport, departure card, proof of funds, and a letter from the wife asking for one. Also the fee

Edited by beano2274

Most Consulates in the Asia area do not issue multi entry unless proof of funds are shown but can vary. KL has policy to issue if 100k in bank is shown. Savannakhet has issued without but few reports so far. Most expect people to extend there stay at Immigration rather than using multi entry visa. Home countries are normally the best choice for this type of visa.

You are talking about spouse of Thai rather than spouse of foreign national on one year extension of stay?

Most Consulates in the Asia area do not issue multi entry unless proof of funds are shown but can vary. KL has policy to issue if 100k in bank is shown. Savannakhet has issued without but few reports so far. Most expect people to extend there stay at Immigration rather than using multi entry visa. Home countries are normally the best choice for this type of visa.

You are talking about spouse of Thai rather than spouse of foreign national on one year extension of stay?

yes, I am a Thai citizen and we do have a child together as well. However, one of the requirement for 1yr extension for spouse visa is 40k income or 400k in a Thai bank account which we do not have. So I'm just looking for way to get him a visa for another yr. If you have any recommendation, I'd really appreciate it.

yes, I am a Thai citizen and we do have a child together as well. However, one of the requirement for 1yr extension for spouse visa is 40k income or 400k in a Thai bank account which we do not have. So I'm just looking for way to get him a visa for another yr. If you have any recommendation, I'd really appreciate it.

If he gets an income from his home country, then the Embassy can give him a letter and he can use this to get an extension in Thailand. Just for information the bank account has to be his and not a joint one.

The Royal Thai Consulate in HK does not normaly give out multiple Non O , this information is on a poster at their office . However , I have had two type O multiple entry from HK , The requirements were diffrent each time . The first time I was working in HK and was getting stood down on short notice and therefore was aplying for non O single entry visas on a regular basis , I had 3 in 6 months , I was always arriving just before closing and flying out ASAP . A female officer advised me to gat a multiple entry and so I did . The next year I aplied for a multiple entry but I was told they wouldn't give one . I explained that they had given one last year . They told me then I had to supply

1 copy of my HK id card

2 proof that my wife earned at least 30K a month or equivelant in a bank account in Thailand.

3 a copy of my employment contract ( Macau at the time and they kept the original )

4 copy of marriage cert ( HK or Thai )

5 copy of wifes Thai id card

6 copy of wifes HK id card

7 copies of wifes and passport

8 copies of my passport

I also sowed a copy of my wifes blue book and sons birth certificate ( issued by them)

I showed them an update copyof my Thai bank account although they did not request it and I think that went in my favour .

I also told them I was not living in Thailand but was a frequent visitor .

Take every thing you have got just in case .

Good Luck .

The Royal Thai Consulate in HK does not normaly give out multiple Non O , this information is on a poster at their office . However , I have had two type O multiple entry from HK , The requirements were diffrent each time . The first time I was working in HK and was getting stood down on short notice and therefore was aplying for non O single entry visas on a regular basis , I had 3 in 6 months , I was always arriving just before closing and flying out ASAP . A female officer advised me to gat a multiple entry and so I did . The next year I aplied for a multiple entry but I was told they wouldn't give one . I explained that they had given one last year . They told me then I had to supply

1 copy of my HK id card

2 proof that my wife earned at least 30K a month or equivelant in a bank account in Thailand.

3 a copy of my employment contract ( Macau at the time and they kept the original )

8 copies of my passport

I also sowed a copy of my wifes blue book and sons birth certificate ( issued by them)

I showed them an update copyof my Thai bank account although they did not request it and I think that went in my favour .

Good Luck .

wow, thank you for the information! That's a lot of requirements.

I also got my visa from HK a few years back. They said that they didn't issue multiple entry Non-0s - I got a single entry, which actually is more suitable for me as I don't need to leave the country every few months. They didn't need to see money in my wife's bank a/c or earnings but did want to see money in my a/c.

1 copy of my HK id card

8 copies of my passport

Good Luck .

wow, thank you for the information! That's a lot of requirements.

The money has to be yours and not the wife's.

I also got my visa from HK a few years back. They said that they didn't issue multiple entry Non-0s - I got a single entry, which actually is more suitable for me as I don't need to leave the country every few months. They didn't need to see money in my wife's bank a/c or earnings but did want to see money in my a/c.

A single entry only allows one stay of 90 days or less. I hope you have not overstayed or have obtained an extension of stay from Immigration inside Thailand.

A single entry only allows one stay of 90 days or less. I hope you have not overstayed or have obtained an extension of stay from Immigration inside Thailand.

Yes, I have indeed extended my visa as and when necessary and have never overstayed. Tks for your concern.