Uk Settlement Result!

Well after 23 nail-biting days, Mrs KD has the longed for stamp in her passport.

I know there has been a bit of debate about visa agents on this forum in the last few days, so I wanted to publicly thank Paul and his team at Thai Visa Express for the invaluable assistance that they gave to my family. You see, it's not just filling in the form and dumping a crate-load of paper at VFS. The real value of an agent is the depth of detailled knowledge that they have - and have access to.

My situation: partner and two kids. My original plan: 3x settlement applications at 40,000 Baht each. As we weren't married at the time the kids were born (pre-2006 when the law on this changed) I had assumed from my own research that the kids were not eligible for British passports and would need to go through the full naturalisation process with mum. When I retained Paul's services, he quickly established with the Embassy that our kids could qualify for passports provided that we made statutory paternity declarations. Thus what would have been 120,000 Baht for settlement visas became 40,000 for mum and 2x 6,000 for the kids. The decision to use Thai Visa Express saved me money even after I'd paid for their fees, and even now after the visa has been issued Paul is still working away at getting ILE added to it as he believes that we qualify.

So horses for courses, but I'm dam_n glad that I went the agent route. Cheers Paul.

wow congratulations.. i wish there is thaivisaexpress here in the philippines. im going to apply my settelemnt visa soon, hope it will be a positive result.

Drop Paul an email, I'm sure you'll get good advice. The process is much the same wherever you're applying from - it's UK law we're dealing with.

wow congratulations.. i wish there is thaivisaexpress here in the philippines. im going to apply my settelemnt visa soon, hope it will be a positive result.

We have already processed applications for clients in the Philippines.

We are currently preparing one to be submitted in South Africa.

Good luck in the UK Dave.

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Thats sounds exactly like my experience in dealing with Paul and his team 2 1/2 years ago when he helped me and my wife's with her spouse Visa not only the expertise that he has but also the way he kept me calm through out the whole waiting period and process was worth every penny!

Congratulations KhunDave!