Extending Tourist For Ireland

Tourist visa for Ireland

My g/f received a tourist visa to visit Ireland.

On arrival she got a 5 week stamp in her passport. (that was the time frame of her flight ticket 5 weeks)

My question can her visa be extended to 90 days? (thats the maximun one can get a tourist visa in Ireland)

Has anybody done this and how to go about it? Somebody told my g/f this can be done

Many thanks in advance

Pat :jap:

I stand to be corrected but AFAIK in Ireland it is the Immigration Officer who decides on length of stay not the ECO. Therefore whatever date is stamped in the passport is the only length of stay possible. They could stamp up to 90 days, but it's decided at port of entry. Therefore can't be extended I think.

I stand to be corrected but AFAIK in Ireland it is the Immigration Officer who decides on length of stay not the ECO. Therefore whatever date is stamped in the passport is the only length of stay possible. They could stamp up to 90 days, but it's decided at port of entry. Therefore can't be extended I think.

Thats is correct the maximum you can stay now is the 5 weeks that was stamped on the visa in her passport

If you wanted you could go to the GNIB in Dublin city centre and see if there is any possibility of extend it but i seriously i doubt it.

let me know how you get on if you do chance your arm.

Edited by robio7

Thats is correct the maximum you can stay now is the 5 weeks that was stamped on the visa in her passport

If you wanted you could go to the GNIB in Dublin city centre and see if there is any possibility of extend it but i seriously i doubt it.

let me know how you get on if you do chance your arm.

Thanks Rob,

I contacted the GNIB, they say if i change her ticket to 90 days,

there should be no problem. but they advised me to contact

my local Garda officer before I do anything.

I will let all know how I get on.

Pat

:jap: