Where To Travel Next

radiola

I would recommend the East End of Glasgow. I can fix you up with some great accommodation. It snot too far from Parkhead (to be fair, nowhere is far enough from Parkhead)

SC

Partick is much more bohemian these days SC...I can tell its been a while (for the both of us I suspect)

I would recommend the East End of Glasgow. I can fix you up with some great accommodation. It snot too far from Parkhead (to be fair, nowhere is far enough from Parkhead)

SC

Partick is much more bohemian these days SC...I can tell its been a while (for the both of us I suspect)

(cough) I could go on about the prods (Rangers supporters) and their Orangemen marches thru RC neighborhoods in Glasgow (just like the bigots in Belfast) but I shan't...<_<

SC

(cough) I could go on about the prods (Rangers supporters) and their Orangemen marches thru RC neighborhoods in Glasgow (just like the bigots in Belfast) but I shan't...<_< people at Parkhead just wanna mind their own (Celtic) business...

for those of you that are unaware vicious sectarianism is rife in Scotland...really a drag as most folks are friendly and it's a beautiful place...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

SC

(cough) I could go on about the prods (Rangers supporters) and their Orangemen marches thru RC neighborhoods in Glasgow (just like the bigots in Belfast) but I shan't...<_< people at Parkhead just wanna mind their own (Celtic) business...

for those of you that are unaware vicious sectarianism is rife in Scotland...really a drag as most folks are friendly and it's a beautiful place...

You forgot to mention the man eating haggis. Bring a gun. wink.gif

I don't mind it bein' on the table like at New Years (sorry, Hogmany) so long as I don't haveta eat it...my ex's folks were irish anyway and we made do with my MiL's fabulous lamb stew and soda bread...me an' the FiL into the second boddle of 'Grouse...useta go out down the pubs on the Sheddleston Road...also had nice butcher's shops and my MiL showed me how to shop fer meat...back in Co. Laoise she useta cook lunch for 20 farm hands...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I don't mind it bein' on the table like at New Years (sorry, Hogmany) so long as I don't haveta eat it...my ex's folks were irish anyway and we made do with my MiL's fabulous lamb stew and soda bread...me an' the FiL into the second boddle of 'Grouse...useta go out down the pubs on the Sheddleston Road...also had nice butcher's shops and my MiL showed me how to shop fer meat...back in Co. Laoise she useta cook lunch for 20 farm hands...

folks will now shout: 'tutsi is IRA!, tutsi is IRA!...' but that's not true...I was always a make love not war kinda guy...plus I never owned a black leather jacket...(as some costume designers in IRA movies would have us believe... )

I saw Trainspotting and learnt all I needed to know about Glasgow. If you fancy a change of scenery, Southern Thailand has a treasure of delights to discover.

While that may be true, Trainspotting was mainly set in Edinburgh, and, I think, the new towns West of Edinburgh..Dennistoun is a quaint victorian suburb of Glasgow, within excellent local amenities and easy reach of the civic centre, as well as good links to the rest of Scotland. I'm not sure that I would describe it as a treasure trove of delights, but the sectarian violence is far more subdued than in the deep South of Thailand.

SC

I saw Trainspotting and learnt all I needed to know about Glasgow. If you fancy a change of scenery, Southern Thailand has a treasure of delights to discover.

I must agree with a previous post Koh Chang is fabulous, great white sand beaches, great food, even a few sociable evening venues, with very attractive ladies.

try watching Twin Town for all that you need to know about Wales rolleyes.gif

Edited by welsh1

SC

(cough) I could go on about the prods (Rangers supporters) and their Orangemen marches thru RC neighborhoods in Glasgow (just like the bigots in Belfast) but I shan't...<_<

Please go on, I am all ears.

Another ignorant yank who doesnt " know his history".

How about you "go on" to the descendants of George Wishart or the Covenantars.

Please tell me please where are these " RC neighborhoods in Glasgow".

SC

Please go on, I am all ears.

Another ignorant yank who doesnt " know his history".

How about you "go on" to the descendants of George Wishart or the Covenantars.

Please tell me please where are these " RC neighborhoods in Glasgow".

Denistoun. Could be wrong there, of course, but just across from my luxurious and well-appointed 19th century condo, with its own drying green, there is an excellent catholic primary school. Other local amenities include pubs and a chippie. It would be very attractive to anyone who was becoming jaded by the incessant heat and spicey food in Thailand, and was able to pick up languages quickly. Its also a tremendous investment opportunity.

I don't think they get orange walks, though. I think in Scotland they prefer to go through the city centre. There's no 'historic' routes in Scotland, as I understand.

SC

We like Chiang Mai. If you have time, you can also go to Pai and Mae Hong Son or head up to the Burma border.

If you are thinking about going to Laos, you can go to Nong Khai and get to Vientiane via the bridge. It's been a long time since we've been there, but we also enjoyed Luang Prabang.

If you are thinking about going to Cambodia, go to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat.

Anyway, hope this helps you.

We like Chiang Mai. If you have time, you can also go to Pai and Mae Hong Son or head up to the Burma border.

If you are thinking about going to Laos, you can go to Nong Khai and get to Vientiane via the bridge. It's been a long time since we've been there, but we also enjoyed Luang Prabang.

If you are thinking about going to Cambodia, go to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat.

Anyway, hope this helps you.

I forgot to say that "Loy Kratong" festival is a nice time of year to visit Chiang Mai. I think it is on the 10th of November, but the celebration starts several days before that.