Uk Holiday Visa For Thai National

Would it be a virtual formality for an unmarried Thai National to come on a 2 week Holiday ( or longer ?? ) who has never been outside of Thailand but does has a Child who is a UK Citizen, with a UK & Thai Passport ??

Would all the same stuff apply or is there some kind of leniency given the situation ??

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by 7by7
See post 7 below

Any visa applicant has to show that they satisfy the criteria for the visa applied for.

So yes, the 'all the same stuff' still applies.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I missed your post in this pinned topic. If you have any further questions on this particular application I suggest that, as I said in the first post,

if any member has specific questions about an application with which they are involved, please start a new or post in an existing topic and do not post them here
Edited by 7by7
See post 7 below

As per request in pinned thread.

Would it be a virtual formality for an unmarried Thai National to come on a 2 week Holiday ( or longer ?? ) who has never been outside of Thailand but does has a Child who is a UK Citizen, with a UK & Thai Passport ??

Would all the same stuff apply and would she have to go through the process of BKK with all the old Men & their 5 minute GF's, or is there some kind of leniency given the situation ??

Thanks for the replies.

Not a formality. The child has the potential to complicate things. Not enough detail provided to say much more.

How would the Child have the potential to complicate things ??

Surely it would have the potential to make things easier given that the Child has dual English/Thai Nationality and hold a Passport for each ??

What more details would you like me to provide for you to say much more ??

Thanks for all replies, Beano you mention doing it Online but what would we be doing online, the application itself ??

Not a formality. The child has the potential to complicate things. Not enough detail provided to say much more.

Surely it would have the potential to make things easier given that the Child has dual English/Thai Nationality and hold a Passport for each ??

Thanks for all replies, Beano you mention doing it Online but what would we be doing online, the application itself ??

With the greatest of respect you have asked for advice, and you have got some helpful answers, especially the one from 'bangkokney', you don't seem to agree with, or at least like the answer he has given, but it's spot on.

Obviously nobody here knows your full circumstances but it would be not unusual for a unmarried person with a child in the UK to attempt to circumnavigate the settlement visa route and travel to the UK to visit their child for a holiday and then not return.

The ECO would want to know why the parent is in Thailand without the child, who is looking after the child, the age of the child, plans for the future of the child and the parent, so you will see that the circumstances you describe are fairly complicated and certainly it will not be a virtual formality.

In fact the "old Men & their 5 minute GF's" which you rather rudely refer to, in my opinion, will probably have a better chance of succeeding with their application.

The point that Beano refers to is that all applications for visit visas have to be submitted online, details are on the VFS website.

A pal of mine just did this.

She had more than 1 million baht in a Thai bank, a business, a 10 year old Thai son and land in Thailand.

Her 2 year old Thai/English child is living with her English husband (of 3 years) in the UK.

She was refused twice, but granted on appeal after paying someone in the UK to help her appeal.

Took a year for her to get the VISA, she is now in the UK.

Don't try to do it on your own, if you don't know what you are doing.

Edited by ludditeman

The child potentially complicates a visit visa massively. The ECO has to satisfy him or herself that the applicant is not going to use this fact as a way of getting round settlement immigration rules. As stated above everyone has to meet all the requirements to be assured of a visa and if this can be done there should be no problem. The more cynical may consider that being the mother of a British child is a reason for that applicant not to return to Thailand.

Having a British child does not make it easier for a non-EU parent to get a tourist visa. It just makes it simple for the child to come to the UK as it is a right!

It is the applicant that is being 'judged', not the child.

Edited by bobrussell

With the greatest of respect you have asked for advice, and you have got some helpful answers, especially the one from 'bangkokney', you don't seem to agree with, or at least like the answer he has given, but it's spot on.

It's not that i don't agree with his answer, i just find the answer amazing if true..

Obviously nobody here knows your full circumstances but it would be not unusual for a unmarried person with a child in the UK to attempt to circumnavigate the settlement visa route and travel to the UK to visit their child for a holiday and then not return.

I completely understand that, although again given the fact that she has a UK Citizen as a Child & the Father of the Child being the same, she would have to go through the same rigmarole as some of the monstrosities seen when on a visit to our Embassy..

The ECO would want to know why the parent is in Thailand without the child, who is looking after the child, the age of the child, plans for the future of the child and the parent, so you will see that the circumstances you describe are fairly complicated and certainly it will not be a virtual formality.

Sorry, i thought it would be second nature to think that the Child would be with its Parents on the trip.

In fact the "old Men & their 5 minute GF's" which you rather rudely refer to, in my opinion, will probably have a better chance of succeeding with their application.

You can't be serious, surely ?? But then again we wonder why the Country has sunk to an all time low so you probably are right.. & rude or not, it's the truth.

The point that Beano refers to is that all applications for visit visas have to be submitted online, details are on the VFS website.

Muchos gracias.

The child potentially complicates a visit visa massively. The ECO has to satisfy him or herself that the applicant is not going to use this fact as a way of getting round settlement immigration rules. As stated above everyone has to meet all the requirements to be assured of a visa and if this can be done there should be no problem. The more cynical may consider that being the mother of a British child is a reason for that applicant not to return to Thailand.

Having a British child does not make it easier for a non-EU parent to get a tourist visa. It just makes it simple for the child to come to the UK as it is a right!

It is the applicant that is being 'judged', not the child.

Yeah fair enough, absolutely bonkers in my opinion but there we go especially as like i say, some of the things i see getting Visa's to take their little Girlies home ( people who i know admittedly )..

But there we go i suppose, can't please everyone..

You have been given some good advice.The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the mother of the child has the opportunity to apply for a different class of visa than a normal tourist visa.This is a "Family visit visa",as the mother of a child resident in the UK. The great advantage of this class of visa is that it carries the right of appeal if refused,a normal tourist visa does not.You still apply in the normal way online,just select this FVV option when applying.Obviously you will have to apply through the same channels as everyone else and supply the same standard of proof that everyone else has to.You will need to prove the relationship with the child,i.e birth certificate with your name on it,a full explanation of the reason for the visit,how it will be paid for,and most importantly,as has been emphasised by others,a compelling reason or reasons to leave the UK at the end of your visit. As regards asking for advice on a forum such as this,(if in fact you are a genuine poster and not a troll),it would be helpful to you if you do not speak in derogatory terms about other people who you don't know,such as referring to people as "things" "monstrosities" and "old men and their 5 minute girlfriends". Talk like that says more about you than it does about them

Josephinebloggs,

One of the basic principles of UK law is that everyone is, or at least should be, treated equally. This applies as much to the UK immigration rules as any other UK law.

Everyone who applies for a UK visa has to satisfy the criteria for that visa, and whilst it is obvious that some will find it easier to do so than others, that principle is there and long may it continue to be so.

Some of your comments display an ignorance on your part of the UK immigration rules, which is understandable and forgivable if you have never dealt with them before.

Unfortunately, they also display ignorance and prejudice in other areas, prejudice which is not welcome on this forum.

If the people you refer to have obtained UK visas it is because they have shown that they qualify for that visa; and that should be the end of the matter as far as anyone is concerned.

You are appear ignorant enough to now be thinking that I and those others who object to your comments must be the 'things' you refer to; your right to hold an opinion, no matter how erroneous and ignorant it is. But keep your ignorant prejudice off this forum.

You have been given the information you need and asked for, so this topic is now closed.