Getting An Non Immigrant O Visa In Cambodia?

Hi there,

I have just finished a 3 x 2 month re entry tourist visa and yesterday I went to the immigration in jomtien to get a 30 day extension. I have just recently married my thai girlfriend and was hoping to get a longer stay as she is due to give birth around the 22nd of November with our first child.

So now I am worried, my 30 day extension ends on the 20th of November, I dont really want to go flying out of the country when my first child is due to be born and possibly miss the birth.

I was told by the immigration officer that I can get a non immigrant o visa but I would need to have 400,000 baht in my bank account, I am pretty young so to have nearly £10k in my bank account is not so easy especially paying for 2 cars and other bills each month.

He told us that I can go to cambodia and they will issue me with an non immigrant o visa that will give me 3 months, then I can go to immigration and if I can show my bank account details with 400,000 baht in there I can get a 1 year visa. He also said that if I can not show this I could pay 18,000 baht and this would bypass the bank account statement.

I am driving from Pattaya to sisaket early next month so I was thinking that I could just go to SaKaeo Cambodia border and get the visa there so that I dont have to worry about going out the country when the baby is due to give birth.

Is it possible to get a non immigrant o visa in cambodia? If so how much does it cost and how long does it take to get? Do I need to stay in cambodia or can I just go in get the visa and go?

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Al

The visa can only be issued in PP so would require a night or two in Cambodia with a trusted visa firm. Do not obtain illegally inside Thailand (visa or extension). For birth just visit immigration together with marriage proof/wife id and home register to obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife (available on any kind of entry). If you can not afford the 400k extension of stay bank account use multi entry non immigrant O visa (valid for a year and 90 day stay on each entry). This can currently be obtained in Savannakhet, Laos and if you have 100k in bank account at KL in Malaysia.

The visa can only be issued in PP so would require a night or two in Cambodia with a trusted visa firm. Do not obtain illegally inside Thailand (visa or extension). For birth just visit immigration together with marriage proof/wife id and home register to obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife (available on any kind of entry). If you can not afford the 400k extension of stay bank account use multi entry non immigrant O visa (valid for a year and 90 day stay on each entry). This can currently be obtained in Savannakhet, Laos and if you have 100k in bank account at KL in Malaysia.

I went with my wife and certificates yesterday but they said the most they can give me is just 30 days. Am I right in understanding that if I cross the border and come back with my certificate for being married and my passport they will give me a 60 day entry because the people in immigration refused to give me 60 days.

If I go to laos or KL do I still have to stay there for a day or 2 also and is the 100k in the bank just KL or is that in Laos too? Im thinking I will get a 60 day extension if possible and then when thats finished I will go to KL.

You can get a 30 day extension and at the end of the 30 days extend it with 60 days because of your Thai wife. maybe that is what immigration was trying to say to you.

If you make a border run you will only get 15 days by land transport and 30 days if youreturn by air. At the end you could then extend for 60 days based on your wife. You will not get 60 days straight away, as it is an extension of your permisison to stay.

If you go to Laos, savannakhet no need to show money. In KL you will need to show 100,000.

You can get a 30 day extension and at the end of the 30 days extend it with 60 days because of your Thai wife. maybe that is what immigration was trying to say to you.

If you make a border run you will only get 15 days by land transport and 30 days if youreturn by air. At the end you could then extend for 60 days based on your wife. You will not get 60 days straight away, as it is an extension of your permisison to stay.

If you go to Laos, savannakhet no need to show money. In KL you will need to show 100,000.

Thank you very much for your help, just 1 last question regarding the 60 day extension. So now I have a 30 day extension, after that is finished can I go to the same immigration office and ask for a 60 day extension without having to leave? Or would I need to do a border run, get 15 days then ask for an extension of the 15 days?

After the 30 days are finished you should be able to get a 60 day extension based on your wife. Than you can do a border run and get 15 days. You might be able to extend that one with again 60 days based on your wife, but that depedns a bit on the office you use. Some restrict the 60 day extension to a certain number per year.

As said, if you go to Savanakhet, Laos, you can get a multiple entry non-O, without the need of showing money.

It might be possible to get an extension based on medical grounds, in essence taking care of your wife and child.

Ragarding an extension of stay based on marriage, you do know that money in the bank is not the only option. There is also the option of showing an income of 40,000 baht a month. Income from within Thailand must be shown with tax documents, income from abroad with a letter from yur embassy confirming your income.

The problem I have is that my income is as an online poker player and of course gambling is forbidden in Thailand. The other problem I have is my bank account is in my dads name as a long time ago I had bad credit so he setup the account. I have my own bank account now but I have always used my dads one as all my bills and payments come out of that account so its easier to keep it. My income is a hell of a lot more than 40k a month but not sure how I can go to my embassay and say ok my income is so and so I need documents to prove it as poker isnt a profession in their eyes I am guessing.

Sorry to be a pain but I am trying to explain this to my wife as she is worrying. After my 30 days is up I go back to the immigration in Jomtien and ask for a 60 day extension based on me being married and they should grant that ok? Then after that is done I can get myself to Laos or KL and sort myself out a proper visa.

Thanks again for your help.

Not only gambling but working without a work permit is also illegal. But yes you should be able to obtain the 60 days and then obtain visa entry from a Consulate.

I understand on both counts, I accept the gambling part but I dont count gambling as work.

Thanks for the great information anyway it has been much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

Sorry to be a pain but is it the British Consulate I need to go to or the Immigration Office? Or do I need to find a thai consulate? I am in pattaya and I went to the immigration office last time where they granted me the 30 day extension but they said I could not get a 60 day extension.

And is it possible to get the 60 day extension after the 30 day extension to my tourist visa?

I had a 3 x 2 month tourist visa, after my last entry I stayed for 2 months then got a 30 day stamp which expires on Sunday. So do I need to go to cambodia and come back in on a 15 day visa and then get a 60 day extension or can I get a 60 day extension before I have to leave. Just want to get everything right before I go.

Nothing to do with English Consular sections.Actualy, if you are legally married you should have had the possibility to get last time 60 days extension on your Tourist Visa and not only 30 days.

Better ask if you can get now 60 days extension as legally married to a Thai lady. Depends on many thingswhistling.gif and the mood of the officers.rolleyes.gif And depends if you are legally married, no Buddha Party. Check it out, maybe you have to leave TH first for a border run.

If you are not legally married you can get such extensions also as a father of a Thai baby after the Baby is born.

Extensions of stay are issued by immirgation only, a letter confirming your income by your embassy/consulate.

Yes, you can get a 60 day extension if you are married to Thai national after your extension of your tourist visa. You can apply for it tomorrow, it will start Sunday anyway. You will need to apply togehter with your wife, marriage certificate, household registration and wife's ID-card.

There is also the option of showing an income of 40,000 baht a month. Income from within Thailand must be shown with tax documents, income from abroad with a letter from yur embassy confirming your income.

-Mario2008-

British Embassy-Consularsection confirming, "Internet Gambling-Income?"rolleyes.gif

jap.gif

There is also the option of showing an income of 40,000 baht a month. Income from within Thailand must be shown with tax documents, income from abroad with a letter from yur embassy confirming your income.

-Mario2008-

British Embassy-Consularsection confirming, "Internet Gambling-Income?"rolleyes.gif

jap.gif

He might have other income as well. Besides, I don't know about UK-tax laws, but in some countries it would definately qualify as income.

The problem I have is that my income is as an online poker player and of course gambling is forbidden in Thailand. The other problem I have is my bank account is in my dads name as a long time ago I had bad credit so he setup the account. I have my own bank account now but I have always used my dads one as all my bills and payments come out of that account so its easier to keep it. My income is a hell of a lot more than 40k a month but not sure how I can go to my embassay and say ok my income is so and so I need documents to prove it as poker isnt a profession in their eyes I am guessing.

Sorry to be a pain but I am trying to explain this to my wife as she is worrying. After my 30 days is up I go back to the immigration in Jomtien and ask for a 60 day extension based on me being married and they should grant that ok? Then after that is done I can get myself to Laos or KL and sort myself out a proper visa.

"Online Poker Player" - that is going to look great on the kids' birth certificate. I wonder how that will translate from Thai to English ?

-Patronus-

Just write what you may have learned in your life, whatever profession and if you learned nothing or that what you doing does not fit, just write something.

The Thais do not care what you write and also, mostly do not understand.biggrin.gif

-Patronus-

Just write what you may have learned in your life, whatever profession and if you learned nothing or that what you doing does not fit, just write something.

The Thais do not care what you write and also, mostly do not understand.biggrin.gif

A bonus then, Alfredo, that the birth will be in Thailand and not have to be registered at Liverpool Register Office :rolleyes:

"Online Poker Player" - that is going to look great on the kids' birth certificate. I wonder how that will translate from Thai to English ?

Don't know why you need to judge ones occupation, and it doesn't need to be listed on the birth cert also. Maybe you're jealous? Sounds pretty good, online poker player, possibly makes some good cash and doesn't have to get out of bed to do it.

Don't know why you need to judge ones occupation, and it doesn't need to be listed on the birth cert also. Maybe you're jealous? Sounds pretty good, online poker player, possibly makes some good cash and doesn't have to get out of bed to do it.

Dream On !!

It doesn't seem to provide enough to meet the bank deposit requirements for a marriage visa.

Edited by Patronus

Dream On !!

It doesn't seem to provide enough to meet the bank deposit requirements for a marriage visa.

No it doesnt meet the bank deposit requirements for a visa, however it does meet the requirements for a mercedes benz, pajero sport, lovely house in pattaya, a wife, a lovely new born son, 2 precious dogs and all the top of the range eletrical equipment I can dream of.

I am young, I dont save, so sue me! I earn a healthy 6 figure GBP sum each year sat on my arse using my laptop in bed, I like to work hard but play harder and thats why I dont have 400k baht saved away.

Anyway thanks to the other positive replies on this thread, I got a 60 day extension, went in late on Friday and the man was pretty pissed off before we sat down and didnt really want to know, was thinking of his first beer as soon as he got home after a long week of dealing with farangs I guess. Anyway after only offering 7 days he changed his mind and gave us the 60 days, 5 minutes and 1900 baht later I had the 60 day extension.

Dont worry Patronus, 60 days is now more than enough time to get 400k baht saved up for a non immigrant o visa.

[

Dream On !!

No it doesnt meet the bank deposit requirements for a visa, however it does meet the requirements for a mercedes benz, pajero sport, lovely house in pattaya, a wife, a lovely new born son, 2 precious dogs and all the top of the range eletrical equipment I can dream of.

I am young, I dont save, so sue me! I earn a healthy 6 figure GBP sum each year sat on my arse using my laptop in bed, I like to work hard but play harder and thats why I dont have 400k baht saved away.

Anyway thanks to the other positive replies on this thread, I got a 60 day extension, went in late on Friday and the man was pretty pissed off before we sat down and didnt really want to know, was thinking of his first beer as soon as he got home after a long week of dealing with farangs I guess. Anyway after only offering 7 days he changed his mind and gave us the 60 days, 5 minutes and 1900 baht later I had the 60 day extension.

Dont worry Patronus, 60 days is now more than enough time to get 400k baht saved up for a non immigrant o visa.

Did you really consider it necessary to have to defend yourself ?

I am not sure the additional information has actually helped your corner.

what that GH-Kaufmann

[/quote

GO HOME.

OP,you being a gambler ,

I RECKON ODDS ON YOU WILL GO FOR THE 18K SWEETNER .

then you will have your 12 mounths plus exstension ,

for good behaviour .

:jap: :jap: