Ease Of Getting A Visa In Los Angeles

I am currently on the 3rd entry of a triple entry tourist visa from Penang. I am traveling to Los Angeles for a family matter next month and wonder if anyone has any experience with the consulate in LA.

Is there any visa I can get other than a tourist? I'm not old enough to be retired and don't have a work permit or business.

If I can only get a tourist visa, will they give me a triple entry? How much will it cost? Am I better off just skipping the LA consulate, coming back to BKK with a 30 day stamp, and then going back to Penang to get a new triple entry?

I don't know what chance you have of getting a 3 entry at LA but you probably need to get something if you do not have an onward ticket within 30 days as airline my not fly you otherwise.

Can you afford to put 3 million baht into a fixed investment in Thailand such as condo or bank deposit? If so you should check with immigration as that might allow you 12 month stays.

Wp Cancellation

BusEng Posted on: 2005-05-06 10:05:06

I originally had a contract through September 30, 2005 so that's the date on the visa in my passport. I choose to exercise the early termination provision in the contract and ended the contract on April 30.

I was told by another teacher in the same situation that the school already went to MOL and had the WP cancelled on May 4.

If you're still working as a teacher, can your current school provide the necessary documents to get you legal with a Non-Imm B?

am traveling to Los Angeles for a family matter next month and wonder if anyone has any experience with the consulate in LA.

Is there any visa I can get other than a tourist? I'm not old enough to be retired and don't have a work permit or business.

Los Angeles is a VERY hard place to get a non B visa.

www.lawyer.th.com

am traveling to Los Angeles for a family matter next month and wonder if anyone has any experience with the consulate in LA.

Los Angeles is a VERY hard place to get a non B visa.

www.lawyer.th.com

irregardless of how difficult it may be, it's much preferred to working legitmately than teaching whilst on a string of tourist visas...

best of luck to you, BusEng

:o

If you are going to be there long enough,, at least a week, it would save hassle and also the time spent on a visit, to send it by express mail or fedex to one of the honarary consulates. They are much easier to deal with.

I like El Paso, the lady there (Lori) processes them immediately and you could have it back in less than a week without having to spend the time to visit the LA consulate and wait around half a day. Contact info for all the honarary consulates is on the Thai Embassy web site.

If you are going to be there long enough,, at least a week, it would save hassle and also the time spent on a visit, to send it by express mail or fedex to one of the honarary consulates. They are much easier to deal with.

I like El Paso, the lady there (Lori) processes them immediately and you could have it back in less than a week without having to spend the time to visit the LA consulate and wait around half a day. Contact info for all the honarary consulates is on the Thai Embassy web site.

...but then again, since I'm sure you do want to be legal while teaching here, it might be best if you actually obtained the proper visa to suit your working needs. That way you can save yourself the trouble of going on tourist visa runs and having to worry whether or not the school comes under scrutiny.

L.A. may be tough, but they are fair and if you provide the proper school paperwork, you should have no difficulty whatsoever.

irregardless of how difficult it may be, it's much preferred to working legitmately than teaching whilst on a string of tourist visas...

We strongly agree and always advocate to get a work permit and of course a non immigrant visa if working in Thailand.

LA will require the following to obtain a non B

$50 for a single-entry , $125 for a multiple-entry

Your actual Passport or Travel Document.

(Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).

1 copy of Passport or Travel Document

(Picture page)

1 application form

(completed and signed by the applicant.)

2 photos

(Passport-type photo, 2” x 2”, color, front-view, taken within 6 months, and write your name and last name on the back of each photo).

The approval letter from the Ministry Labour and Social Welfare.

(The employer of the applicant must first apply for and receive the approval letter for the applicant’s employment through Department of Employment, Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare, Mit-Maitree Rd. Dindaeng, BKK 10400 Tel. (662) 617-6578 Fax. (662) 617-6576 in case of up-country the employer apply through the District Office /or the Province Office. Once the approval letter has been granted, the applicant attach this approval with his/her visa application)

An original letter of invitation on company letterhead from the business host in Thailand.

Employment contract indicating rationale for hiring the applicant as well as his/her salary, position and qualification.

A copy of details of business operation of business host in Thailand.

Balance sheet, Statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the past 2 years.

A copy of work permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (only in case the applicant has previously worked in the Kingdom).

Other Consulates/Embassies in the USA will only require

$50 for a single-entry , $125 for a multiple-entry

An original letter of invitation on company letterhead from the business host in Thailand.

Your actual Passport or Travel Document.

(Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).

1 copy of Passport or Travel Document

(Picture page)

1 application form

(completed and signed by the applicant.)

2 photos

(Passport-type photo, 2” x 2”, color, front-view, taken within 6 months, and write your name and last name on the back of each photo).

www.lawyer.th.com

...but then again, since I'm sure you do want to be legal while teaching here, it might be best if you actually obtained the proper visa to suit your working needs. That way you can save yourself the trouble of going on tourist visa runs and having to worry whether or not the school comes under scrutiny.

L.A. may be tough, but they are fair and if you provide the proper school paperwork, you should have no difficulty whatsoever.

I never said I was working here. The previous post you quoted about my work permit referred to ending employment as a teacher.

I just want to live here, not work here.

I never said I was working here. The previous post you quoted about my work permit referred to ending employment as a teacher.

I just want to live here, not work here.

That's fine and sorry for the inference you were still working. If you found a new way to stay without working and have some other source of income, all the power

to you.

:o