Jeep Wrangler Ecu Problem Not Solved Help?

tomtaylor1

Please can any one help solve my on going jeep wrangler ecu problem, since having lpg installed, the first problem I encountered was, failing to switch from petrol to lpg, the installer fixed this in a matter of a couple of minutes, next i found it was neccessary to rev the engine to switch from petrol to lpg. Then after a 500km drive after turning off the engine the jeep on starting ran for 15 seconds then stopped, ran for another 10 secondsthen stopped, ran for a further 5 seconds then stopped and would not start at all, so was trailered to an lpg installer in phitsanulok, who started the Jeep within minutes, but would not show me the problem, after another 1500kms having returned to Pattaya, same problem engine ran for a few short bursts then failed to start, it was then started with an alternative ecu fitted. An ecu keyed to my chassis vin number was sent to me from the States, this started the jeep with the lpg circuit disconnected, after connecting the lpg circuit the jeep failed to start, this ecu was replaced under warranty, the jeep was taken back to the installer of the lpg, a short circuit or loose wire was repaired, the jeep ran ok for 70 kilometers, then same problem after turning off the engine on starting it ran for a few short bursts then stopped, would not start. Later an alternative ecu was fitted after being taken back to the installer of the lpg and an electricians workshop, the jeep ran ok, i returned the ecu to the states under warranty, thay say the unit is ok working fine, I must have a security or some other issue with my Jeep, this is now in the post being returned to me, i do not want to have the same problems over again.

It has been suggested that I switch back to petrol before turning off the engine.

Is it an electrical problem,

is it an lpg problem,

is it a problem with the ecu,

I could try running the jeep around with the lpg disconnected?

Had someone on before about LPG and ECU and again it brings to mind a mate in UK who ran his car on LPG and had a problem, changed his ECU and it wasn't the ECU that was faulty.

In Phitsanulok they started the Jeep within minutes, but would not show me the problem. WHY wouldn't they ?? Did they restart it on petrol or LPG. ??

It has been suggested that I switch back to petrol before turning off the engine. HAVE you tried this ??

Is it an electrical problem, I would think definitely a electronic problem.

Is it an lpg problem, I would say YES the ECU is not correctly reading the LPG unit that you have had installed.

is it a problem with the ecu, I would say NO it sounds like the ECU it is not compatible with the LPG unit.

I could try running the jeep around with the lpg disconnected ? Good idea and see what happens !!!

Edited by Kwasaki