Brunos Pattaya

terdsak_12

I'm in Pattaya/Jomtien most weekends. Drive past Brunos all the time, looks a bit flash meaning pricey. Any comments on the place? Value for money? I'll pay top Baht if the food is worth it. Cheers.

By the way, I went to the Mexican place further up that road opposite the SEAT boat place, good food in there for a reasonable price.

Brunos is a top class restaurant with top class food and wine.

Spoken as a regular customer.

You will not fault it.

But, like anything that is top quality... you do pay for it.

I take the missus there for a romantic dinner every couple of months... we both enjoy the greetings from the head waiter (who knows us well now), the choice of international dishes on the menu, the quality of the food, the discrete service, and the ambience. A very professionally run restaurant.

We've also been there for birthday parties, Christmas dinners, etc when we've had a table of 8 or more, and the service and food has also been excellent.

I highly recommend it... you will not be disappointed.

I'd budget 1000 Baht - 1200 Baht per head for 3 course.

We have always made a point of treating ourselves at Brunos whenever in Pattaya.

The last time, there was just the two of us, a golfing buddy and myself. The whole restaurant had been booked out for a private function but because we were regulars we were given a table in the corner. after 10 minutes or so the restaurant began to fill up with members of Pattayas gay community, I think Bruno was a member.

Within 30 minutes the restaurant was heaving.

We were the only straight people in there and I'm sure everyone thought we were a couple.

This is my favourite restuarant in the area, great prices, high standard in Jomtien.

Though I advise that you phone and book ahead as the place isnt that big and has a good clientele base. (and is very gay friendly).

413/3-5 Moo 12 Nongprue/Banglamung, Chonburi 20260 Thailand

For further information you can send us an e-mail to [email protected], [email protected] or call: +66 38 303698, Fax: +66 38 303702

http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com/rest.shtml?en

I highly recommened this resturant

post-13181-1132051912_thumb.jpg

Bruno`s restaurant was brought into being nine years ago by two of Pattaya`s top restauranteurs Bruno Forrer and Alois Fassband. The restaurant was located in Soi 0 in North Pattaya. Both have sadly passed away with Bruno dying in May 2003.

These gentlemen established the Gold Standard for fine dining in Pattaya.

Over the years my wife and myself dined at the "old" Bruno`s on many occasions and it was simply the best dining experience in Pattaya. We were always made to feel welcome and our patronage appreciated.

Bruno was a great philanthropist and he welcomed personally many important guests to his restaurant from all over Thailand..it was a pleasure to watch the manner in which this top professional warmly mingled with his guests and created a wonderful raport within the restaurant.

Needless to say the food and service was impeccable.

Bruno`s chef and `heir apparant` Fredi Schaub seems to be creating a great ambience at the relocated restaurant in Thrappraya Rd.

You will not be disappointed with your visit to this superb venue. :o

A friend and his wife visited us. he had been working in Belgium for 10 years so was familiar with good food and had travelled extensively. He reckoned his meal at Brunos was one of the best ever.

We go once or twice a year for a special treat and it never disappoints. The speciality coffee made at your table at the end of the meal tops it off!

I'd agree with the concensus view - I have been going there for about 5 years and although the clientele has changed from when in was in Soi 0, the food is still consistently good and really represents very good value for money - you can if you wish eat for less than 1000 baht a head with 3 courses. Wine list is also very good with some surprising good value wines on the list as well as some incredibly expensive ones.

Shrimp & asparagus soup is to die for.....

I'm in Pattaya/Jomtien most weekends. Drive past Brunos all the time, looks a bit flash meaning pricey. Any comments on the place? Value for money? I'll pay top Baht if the food is worth it. Cheers.

By the way, I went to the Mexican place further up that road opposite the SEAT boat place, good food in there for a reasonable price.

Do your self a favor check out the Lindian next door

Just down the road, in my opinion the best Indian food in town.

not cheap but worth it if you like Indian food.

The Mexican place you mentioned used to be crap but the last

two times I went the food was great ( cant judge on one visit)

the margaritas were pretty good to.

Have a nice day :o

Fresno is a city in the middle of California. It might be like saying "Stoke on Trent" or some other horribly boring and insignificant city in the world. The population is about 400,000 now. It has grown a lot in the past 30 years. By saying th restaurant would not make the top 10 in Fresno, the former poster is stating that the restaurant is not very good.

I have not eaten there in a few years, but I always enjoyed the food there, and thought that the price was usually about 600 per head without drinks. The salad bar wa always very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from Bruno's where we had an excellent meal, really superb.

although its a shame about the company I had along with socalled wine experts trying to impress :o 4500bht per head. (****ing wine) Fine of course if the people knew the difference between bottles.

although its a shame about the company I had along with socalled wine experts trying to impress :o  4500bht per head. (****ing wine) Fine of course if the people knew the difference between bottles.

If the wine cost’s over 1500 baht a bottle its best served on your chips.

or sent back to Sarson's

Palatable wine is not that expensive in Pattaya , just in the restaurants.

Did they serve the different types of wine in the same size glasses ?

Those big balloon types, that’s supposed to emphasize the flavor?

Just curious not been in for a while .

If it tastes good drink it.

It’s a nice place to eat and drink wine, but a bit deer on the wine.

Have a nice day. :D

although its a shame about the company I had along with socalled wine experts trying to impress :o  4500bht per head. (****ing wine) Fine of course if the people knew the difference between bottles.

If the wine cost’s over 1500 baht a bottle its best served on your chips.

or sent back to Sarson's

Did they serve the different types of wine in the same size glasses ?

Those big balloon types, that’s supposed to emphasize the flavor?

Just curious not been in for a while .

If it tastes good drink it.

It’s a nice place to eat and drink wine, but a bit deer on the wine.

Have a nice day. :D

25000bht + on wine is unneccesary in my opinion, a perfect meal otherwise. :D

(pissed off a bit because i'm not a big wine drinker, wife and I had 2 glasses each, I don't mind paying high prices for something that a= I want and b = I'm aware of the cost! I did'nt take 10000bht out with me as i never dreamt on the wine choice, a bit embarressing)

25000bht + on wine is unneccesary in my opinion, a perfect meal otherwise. :o

(pissed off a bit because i'm not a big wine drinker, wife and I had 2 glasses each, I don't mind paying high prices for something that a= I want and b = I'm aware of the cost! I did'nt take 10000bht out with me as i never dreamt on the wine choice, a bit embarressing)

I understand :D