Buy Apple Products Online? Other Than Official Apple Store

HazyAz

Hi

I'm looking to buy my fiance a macbook pro and was wanting to order one online (I'm in Australia at the moment and she's in Thailand). I tried to order one via the official Apple thailand online store however it won't accept my payment as Australian credit cards aren't accepted. Does anyone know if there is an alternative option to purchase online or would I need to phone a reseller in Thailand and see if I could purchase over the phone?

Any assistance is apprecaited.

Thanks

Az

I am not too sure about Online Apple Store Thailand. But I did purchased a few item on Apple Store Singapore using non Singapore credit without a problem.

What is the exact error Apple Store Thailand reject your credit card?

- Not able to fill Billing address?

- or able to place order but later reject your payment?

My tip for purchase from Online Apple store is:

1) Billing address can be your shipping address.

2) Your shipping address must be Thailand address if you purchase from Online Apple Store Thailand.

3) Call up your Bank and notify them that U had make the transaction. Request them to approve it.

Hope above help

Interesting, as I have ordered loads of stuff from the Apple Store Thailand site while using a non-Thai credit card. The iTunes store seems to be the one that is choosy about your credit card country, but that is because of copyrighting issues.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up contacting apple in Australia and they also told me I could use the Thai shipping address as the billing address. The thailand apple website only allows for billing address's from hong kong, vietnam, malaysia singapore, thailand and US. I ended up using the thai delivery address and my card. Apple said to contact my bank and let them know they would receive a payment request with the incorrect billing address but so long as I told them this in advance it shouldn't be a problem.

I have since made my order with the thai apple online store and it wen't through but stupid me didn't take note of the order number as I expected to receive an email with all the details in it. A few hours have passed now and still nothing from apple in my emails. Is the order usually confirmed straight away or can it take some time before it's processed?

Thanks Peter - If this doesn't work I will try them

MSG32 - I did try that, but the resellers I spoke to insisted I had to be in store to sign off on the purchase, they weren't willing to send me a form to sign/scan and return. I did try Mac Cafe too as their website suggested it was possible but still no luck.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up contacting apple in Australia and they also told me I could use the Thai shipping address as the billing address. The thailand apple website only allows for billing address's from hong kong, vietnam, malaysia singapore, thailand and US. I ended up using the thai delivery address and my card. Apple said to contact my bank and let them know they would receive a payment request with the incorrect billing address but so long as I told them this in advance it shouldn't be a problem.

I have since made my order with the thai apple online store and it wen't through but stupid me didn't take note of the order number as I expected to receive an email with all the details in it. A few hours have passed now and still nothing from apple in my emails. Is the order usually confirmed straight away or can it take some time before it's processed?

MSG32 - I did try that, but the resellers I spoke to insisted I had to be in store to sign off on the purchase, they weren't willing to send me a form to sign/scan and return. I did try Mac Cafe too as their website suggested it was possible but still no luck.

It take some time to process. As long as your bank notified about this transaction and you instructed them to pay. It will proceed. U can check back on Apple site time to time to get the update. U can still change the shipping addrss at this stage. Once your order have "Prepare for Shipment", you cant change anything anymore.

After that, U will get a Tracking code (Normally ship using DHL) once it at "Shipped" status

It take some time to process. As long as your bank notified about this transaction and you instructed them to pay. It will proceed. U can check back on Apple site time to time to get the update. U can still change the shipping addrss at this stage. Once your order have "Prepare for Shipment", you cant change anything anymore.

After that, U will get a Tracking code (Normally ship using DHL) once it at "Shipped" status

so you don't automatically receive an acknowledgement email or anything straight away? I can't check back on the apple site because I didn't take my order number down which was really stupid of me..

Thanks for your reply

hmm..

Try to check your SPAM folder. Normally Apple will send a Order Acknowledgment email in a short while after you placed order.

All good, I read it can take a while (upto 48 hrs) to receive the confirmation email. I finally just got the confirmation email just now so about 20 anxious hours, not so bad I guess.

Thanks for everyone's help!