Road Legal Electric Super Bike $20K

visions

The 137mph Energica electric superbike

Italian electric race-bike outfit CRP Racing has announced its first road-going superbike, the Energica. With 100 kW of power and top of the line chassis and suspension, all clothed in modern Italian style bodywork, the Energica is capable of speeds up to 220 km/h (137 mph) and range of 150 km (93 miles) on a single charge, due in part to a power train efficiency close to 95 percent. The package includes such niceties as ride-by-wire throttle, a brace of radial-caliper Brembo disc brakes, Ohlins suspension, digital multifunction LCD dashboard and LED lights.

Read more: www.gizmag.com/energica-electric-superbike/20667/

Edited by Maestro
Reduced quoted text to conform with "fair use" practice.

Probably wouldn't pass the Thai emission's test.

Love to roll up on one at the test center and see 'em scratch their collective <deleted> trying to find the exhaust pipe. You can imagine after 5 minutes.. YOU PASS ALREADY, YOU PASS, OKAY (big thai smile) :lol: :jap:

Probably wouldn't pass the Thai emission's test.

Love to roll up on one at the test center and see 'em scratch their collective <deleted> trying to find the exhaust pipe. You can imagine after 5 minutes.. YOU PASS ALREADY, YOU PASS, OKAY (big thai smile) :lol: :jap:

:cheesy:

I like the concept but current batteries just aren't upto the requirement.

On full throttle this bike would only last for roughly 45mins before needing a full charge charge.

That would mean 22mins 30 seconds after leaving the house you would have to head back to recharge it.

How ever once machinery like this takes off there will be an ever growing demand for higher capacity batteries and given time bikes like this should last a couple of hours at least :)

I like the concept but current batteries just aren't upto the requirement.

On full throttle this bike would only last for roughly 45mins before needing a full charge charge.

That would mean 22mins 30 seconds after leaving the house you would have to head back to recharge it.

How ever once machinery like this takes off there will be an ever growing demand for higher capacity batteries and given time bikes like this should last a couple of hours at least :)

Yes you are correct about running time/re-charge at this point in time But when petrol power first became an accepted thing there was not a gas station every kilometer either. so range was a problem in those days also.

Even recently with the intro of LPG or NPG there were few places you could fill up. With technology longer running times will be achieved one way or another. And remembering too......Im guessing, but 95% of all running by the majority of riders is within a 20km or so radius of home so not a concern unless you want do that inter city/province run. I did see a report the other day about a new invention giving the ability to re-charge 10 times faster than normal + have 10 times more usable charge available. The scooter/small commuter is where the largest market will be initially. Honda had their electric motor bike at the Japanese car show but no details about it....so electric is coming....like it or not.

I'd be happy initially with an electric superbike, that could get 200kms endurance with a 30-45 minute recharge cycle. Enough time for a coffee break and some snacks on a ride.

edit: just to add, the look of the electric bike in the link does not interest me whatsoever. If it looks like the one here http://www.ridemission.com/ then I'll be in. It could be the best electric on the planet, but if it looks plain ordinary, then they won't win over the enthusiasts.

5975292915_4aa299f934_z.jpg

6103012895_28809eb4cb.jpg

Edited by Garry