Kindle Touch Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

Finlaco

Order it from Amazon in the UK...and they will send it to you.

thanks, but please before you post check your facts. Its amazon.com and there's additional €36 for customs & excise.

Then have a friend at home order for you and then send it on.

So you are planning on smuggling one....defrauding Thailand of its rightful tax. Well some one should check their facts. That is criminal.

I suppose you are right. Tsk...I can't believe I suggested such a thing. ohmy.gif

Edit: I think they are only available in the US at the moment anyway.

Edited by smokie36

So you are planning on smuggling one....defrauding Thailand of its rightful tax. Well some one should check their facts. That is criminal.

I suppose you are right. Tsk...I can't believe I suggested such a thing. ohmy.gif

No, available world wide on amazon.com (i think its only recently so, like the last few days)

No, available world wide on amazon.com (i think its only recently so, like the last few days)

Hmm I think you'll have to suck up the taxes and postage if you want it in the near future. Otherwise you might find it difficult to download anything from Amazon anyway...the Kindle will have to turn a profit for anyone selling in Thailand as well and that can mean only one thing...

Hmm I think you'll have to suck up the taxes and postage if you want it in the near future. Otherwise you might find it difficult to download anything from Amazon anyway...the Kindle will have to turn a profit for anyone selling in Thailand as well and that can mean only one thing...

yeah i was thinking that BUT before i purchased I had a silly idea of posting on thaivisa to see if anyone knew where to purchase in BKK. silly me

yeah i was thinking that BUT before i purchased I had a silly idea of posting on thaivisa to see if anyone knew where to purchase in BKK. silly me

Ho Ho Ho.

Load of <deleted> Harry.

If I buy one in the UK and bring it to Thailand with me there is no sniff of tax being payable.

Anyone have a laptop bought in their own country ?

Hmm. I would probably have penned the post as "Where can I buy a Kindle in BKK".

That might have attracted a more targeted response.

However, I am grateful for your post because I linked to Amazon UK and will now buy online and bring my new Kindle back to Thailand with me.

(Being careful to avoid any of the taxes that harry thinks Thailand may be due)

Edited by cardholder

You're so full of baloney. Your accusations are unfounded and without basis, because you have no facts.

Have the Kindle sent to a friend, have the friend put it in a padded mailer, declare the contents to be "one book," have have it shipped on to you by Post. There is no fraud and no crime. Everything that comes into Thailand, comes in through Customs. Whether they choose to inspect and levy a tax is up to them. But if you use this procedure, they normally won't bother with it. And by the way, a Kindle IS a book.

Being deceptive is stupid and against the law. Being creative and imaginitive is smart and within the law.

Harry probably pays a lot more taxes than he owes, but that's good for the rest of us.

Edited by TongueThaied