Thaksin 'Swamped' By Anxious Politicos: Singapore

webfact

Give the people what they want. Bring back Thaksin, let them see first hand how wonderful he is. Lets get over the legend of Thaksin and have him back, see if he lives up to everyones expectations. Maybe he can improve the quality of life in Thailand, improve the economy, boost tourism, improve health care and education. Come back and show us Mr Thaksin, we need your expertise and inspiration. Because " Nobody does it better, makes me feel glad all the day, nobody does it quite as good as you, Thaksin your the best".

Well you make a good case for Thaksin.

The only thing wrong with it is the people can't see what he has done in the past and I have no reason to believe they will see what he does if allowed back in to the country.

You forget that all these people will be blaming Abhist as Thaksin picks their pocket.

Blind faith thrives on stupidity.:jap:

The pilgrimage to see the former PM is testament to the enduring loyalty and affection many Thais have for the man.

Does anyone go to visit former PM Abhisit?

There's a difference between 'pilgrimage' and 'visit'. Pilgrimage is what a few Pheu Thai MPs went on to India sponsored by that kindly, amply-rich k. Thaksin. A visit to k. Abhisit is just that, Sukhumvit soi 39 I think, easy.

What all this has to do with 'Thaksin swamped by anxious politicos' I don't know. Maybe a few Pheu Thai politicos like to be amply-rich as well ? <_<

Why is it only politicians making the pilgrimage to see Thaksin?B)

The pilgrimage to see the former PM is testament to the enduring loyalty and affection many Thais have for the man.

I believe he's had a few sessions of tea and biscuits with the local constabulary. :rolleyes:

Yes, but he had to visit them.wink.gif

There's a difference between 'pilgrimage' and 'visit'. Pilgrimage is what a few Pheu Thai MPs went on to India sponsored by that kindly, amply-rich k. Thaksin. A visit to k. Abhisit is just that, Sukhumvit soi 39 I think, easy.

What all this has to do with 'Thaksin swamped by anxious politicos' I don't know. Maybe a few Pheu Thai politicos like to be amply-rich as well ? <_<

'pilgrimage' to Godfather Thaksin to kiss his ring, as he is soon to celebrate his triumphant return to Thailand no doubt

[delivering his rehearsed speech]

Luca Brasi: Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter... 's wedding... on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty.

Bonasera: Be my friend... Godfather.

[the Don at first shrugs, but upon hearing the title he lifts his hand, and a humbled Bonasera kisses the ring on it]

Don Corleone: Good.

[He places his hand around Bonasera in a paternal gesture]

Don Corleone: Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this justice a gift on my daughter's wedding day.

[a gratified Bonasera offers his thanks and leaves]

Don Corleone: [to Hagen] Give this job to Clemenza. I want reliable people, people who aren't going to be carried away. I mean, we're not murderers, in spite of what this undertaker thinks...

The Godfather (1972)

Edited by wxyz

Pretty funny stuff. Well, during the campaign she referred to herself as a clone, so no surprise that MP supplicants are running off to Singapore to importune the real boss. A bit embarrassing for Thailand however.........

It was Thaksin who referred to Yingluck as his clone. Yingluck has a more genetic autonomy than others give her credit.

A number of important citizens visited with Mr. Thaksin. I suggest you check tail registry numbers of aircraft that were landing in Germany, Switzerland and Dubai last year. You might be surprised at who some of those people were.

It bears repeating again, the people foreigners think are opposed to Thaksin are not opposed ,and those that they think support Thaksin do not support him. It's all about keeping the peace and maintaining the pecking order. There are factions of red shirt supporters that support some goals of the red shirts , but despise Thaksin more than the "elite" . For them, Thaksin is a means to obtain a goal. For some of the elite, Thaksin is a way to keep things in their place.

A number of important citizens visited with Mr. Thaksin. I suggest you check tail registry numbers of aircraft that were landing in Germany, Switzerland and Dubai last year. You might be surprised at who some of those people were.

:cheesy:

It bears repeating again, the people foreigners think are opposed to Thaksin are not opposed ,and those that they think support Thaksin do not support him. It's all about keeping the peace and maintaining the pecking order. There are factions of red shirt supporters that support some goals of the red shirts , but despise Thaksin more than the "elite" . For them, Thaksin is a means to obtain a goal. For some of the elite, Thaksin is a way to keep things in their place.

"There are factions of red shirt supporters that support some goals of the red shirts , but despise Thaksin more than the "elite" ."

Are you saying that there are people that voted for PTP that don't want Thaksin back? So much for all this "the country voted for Thaksin to return". :rolleyes:

"Let me go to the meeting first," she said before chairing a special Cabinet meeting

"Let's talk about it later," she told reporters after the meeting

She's tenacious with her evasiveness.

Definately her strongest attributes!

Edited by MAJIC

"Let me go to the meeting first," she said before chairing a special Cabinet meeting

Definitely her strongest attributes!

Too bad it's not independence.

'Quick, where's my excuse helicopter, so I can't discuss my Cabinet-reshuffle, which isn't happening, erm ... where did I put the list of instructions on what changes he's decided ?' :rolleyes:

One can only have sympathy for poor PM-Yingluck, as the steady flow of supplicants demonstrates, where power really resides. :(

SArcasm--Do you know where synpathy is in the dictionary?

Not really,could you post a link please :D

I guess Abhisit get's a lot of visitors as well,same as every other politician in this country.

Regarding the pilgrimage to show affection to Thaksin,maybe you could post some pictures of ordinary Thais visiting him.

One picture or report would actually do it.

Man, you really do amuse me.

BTW, do you live in fear of being the target of one of Chalerm's future crazy declarations/ accusations, now that he has resorted to identifications via health conditions?

Man, you really do amuse me.

BTW, do you live in fear of being the target of one of Chalerm's future crazy declarations/ accusations, now that he has resorted to identifications via health conditions?

lol, so when he says i cannot reveal his name but he is a "geriatric" then i guess we will know. hahaha