2 Dead, 1 Seriously Injured In Highway 7 Road Crash Close To Pattaya

Rimmer

2 dead, 1 seriously injured in Highway 7 road crash close to Pattaya

LAEM CHABANG: -- A Driver and passenger were killed and another passenger was seriously injured as a pick-up rear-ended a slow-moving truck on Highway 7 close to Laem Chabang, in the early hours of Saturday. Police and Rescue Workers rushed to the scene and extracted the bodys of the pick-up driver, Khun Rungrort aged 23 and passenger, Khun Sontaya aged 22 who were crushed as their vehicle slammed into the rear of a truck driven by Khun Prasert aged 45 who was uninjured. Witnesses told Police the pick-up was driving at a high rate of speed and failed to spot the truck for an unknown reason as Police confirmed the rear lights of the truck were working.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-12-17

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Undertaking at high speed, I bet ye. Flick the steering wheel to the left to take someone on the inside and "oh shit" there's a truck trundling along at 30 kmh and you're doing 145 kmh. Do you know the braking distance for an effective combined speed of 115 kmh? The answer is a lot further than you actually have. No seatbelts, bang, death.

Idiot.

Undertaking at high speed, I bet ye. Flick the steering wheel to the left to take someone on the inside and "oh shit" there's a truck trundling along at 30 kmh and you're doing 145 kmh. Do you know the braking distance for an effective combined speed of 115 kmh? The answer is a lot further than you actually have. No seatbelts, bang, death.

Idiot.

+1

Idiot.

+1

As this type of accident can only be caused by stupid driving, Bad luck for the passengers, however. Moral: Don't ride with idiot drivers.

Edited by Rimmer
You cant say that !!!

Lucky that the tail lights escaped uninjured and were able to be tested as working.

:thumbsup:

Well spotted. Must have been the confident assurance from the truck driver that left the police in no doubt. Admittedly the truck could have been wider than the pick-up truck.

I often notice that the soot from the diesel exhaust can end up coating the whole of the back of the (unwashed) truck and the lights, even though working, are barely visible.