Decorative License Plates

canopy

Like other countries, I am sure everyone has noticed various provinces offer a decorative license plate option instead of the standard white background. In Phetchabun, they have a picture of tamarind. I inquired about these plates and was given a color brochure about an incredible auction that will take place with special numbers on these special plates that can be bid on. The most desirable numbers with lots of 9's are expected to go for hundreds of thousands of baht. Having a bit of experience with auctions in Thailand, I expect the auction to be seeded with fake bidders to drum up the activity and the prices. I asked the dmv if I didn't care what number was on them and after a long pause was told I could get such a plate if I paid 15,000 baht. The process seems surprisingly expensive and underhanded so in the end I decided to opt out. Anyone else have experiences with these or know what this is all about?

Ive had them with my Company initials, Stateside and U.K. for advertising not mine , but here the Child Like Poster Paint looks Hello Kitty to me. Id pass if they were free. My Mates got GO KID in the U.K. he wont sell it. .ermm.gif

agreed. if I want something special a pay the lady at DLT 1000baht for 69 :P