Sak Yant

maxtingtong

I have wanted one for a few years now and have done some research before whilst at work, not very busy some days. :)

As you are in Rayong province Ajarn Anek near Pattaya is worth a look http://www.poodumtattoo.com/

also mentioned in the SakYant website http://www.sak-yant.com/?page_id=477

You might also want to look at the Wat Bang Phra http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Bang_Phra it is done in the temple and by a monk if you want a real powerful sak yant and this is not expensive just have to make an offering to the monk smokes and some money to the temple but also this is a busy place could be 20 people in at the same time with loads more outside.

Hope this helps you and please let me know how you get on as I will get a Sak Yant at some point in the near future looking to get my top half of my back done but want it done like I'm sure you do by a Master/Ajarn.

All the best

Derek

Posted 2011-12-25 05:56:08

Do you know any good temple/monk/ajarn making nice & powerful sak yant

You might also want to look at the Wat Bang Phra http://en.wikipedia....i/Wat_Bang_Phra it is done in the temple and by a monk if you want a real powerful sak yant and this is not expensive just have to make an offering to the monk smokes and some money to the temple

I didnt thing there were actually any educated westerners who believed that colouring ones self with indian ink would actually protect you from the bogy man or indeed have you dancing like a monkey.

Just one thing, monk's shouldn;t smoke - its impure. Wouldnt that reduce the power of your really powerful magic spell.

Aside, try ajarn noo AKA (to most Thais) ajarn mickey mouse - he's hook you up for a few shakles and you'll be dodging bullets in no time.

Posted 2011-12-25 05:56:08

Do you know any good temple/monk/ajarn making nice & powerful sak yant

You might also want to look at the Wat Bang Phra http://en.wikipedia....i/Wat_Bang_Phra it is done in the temple and by a monk if you want a real powerful sak yant and this is not expensive just have to make an offering to the monk smokes and some money to the temple

I didnt thing there were actually any educated westerners who believed that colouring ones self with indian ink would actually protect you from the bogy man or indeed have you dancing like a monkey.

Just one thing, monk's shouldn;t smoke - its impure. Wouldnt that reduce the power of your really powerful magic spell.

Aside, try ajarn noo AKA (to most Thais) ajarn mickey mouse - he's hook you up for a few shakles and you'll be dodging bullets in no time.

Interesting point of view

Yes you are right they shouldn't smoke, they should also not carry money or talk on cell phones but hayho this is 2012/2555 right! Also I believe they exchange the cigarettes for money at the shop near the temple.

Yes and it will most probably cost you a few $$$$ only because he done Angelina Jolie's Yants, the only Ajarn educated Westenerns know about due to Angelina.

Wat Bang Phra is not near here, been tattoed there couple years ago. I don't recommend there because of the many people (and what a ppl!) and the really low hygiene standards (serial tattoing without cleaning/change equipment). Thai ppl is not stressed by it just because them consider absolutely impossible an ajarn pass you some diseases. Other yants did in bangkok with Ajarn Thoy in On Nut, very good one for me. Ajarn Noo no thanks, is way much expensive/superstar for me. Thanks Dezy, will check out the one near pattaya.

Mark, it's not a matter of bulletproof to me lol it's just I want the traditional way, and getting into spiritual stuff some times I don't think is something bad.

A thai girl I met have the typical 5 wordings on the back of the shoulder by Ajarn Noo for 'just' 8000 baht ohmy.png

I can only assume she had this done years ago or she is telling you porkies.

Last I heard AN was only giving blessings and was no longer tattooing the masses.

The 8k would be considered a bargain, some have been quoted 50k.

A thai girl I met have the typical 5 wordings on the back of the shoulder by Ajarn Noo for 'just' 8000 baht ohmy.png

I would have to agree with rgs2001uk there as far as I believe the yant from Ajarn Noo is close to $1000 just because he done Jolies ones and has now become a bit of a celebrity. I have seen Ajarn Anek work on the net and he is very good at what he does I am considering going to visit him this time home. wai.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

arjan anek is about 4000 bath for farang going with a thai girlfriend can get the price down if she do the talking , i got my sak yant there about 2 years ago.

anyway arjan is way cheaper than BKK

4,000 baht for a sak yant, even if you get one for 2,000 it just shows that this is now nothing more than a money making scheme for some.

"anyway arjan is way cheaper than BKK"

How many temples or ajarn have you visited in Bkk if you think 4,000 is cheaper than Bkk?

The Thais I know pay nowhere near the sort of prices you mention.

It may well be the case that farang are reading up on the internet and going to places that now cater to farang.

Most Thais I know pay no more than 500 baht or 1,000 baht depending on the size of the sak yant and the time it takes to complete.

I could name 3 temples right off the top of my head, all in Bkk, where nothing like the prices mentioned are being paid,and the one in On Nut 25 isnt one of them.

I have never heard of prices being discussed beforehand, I see the Thais making tam bun by putting the money in an envelope after being tattooed.

• 2 weeks later...

arjan anek is about 4000 bath for farang going with a thai girlfriend can get the price down if she do the talking , i got my sak yant there about 2 years ago.

anyway arjan is way cheaper than BKK

4,000 baht for a sak yant, even if you get one for 2,000 it just shows that this is now nothing more than a money making scheme for some.

"anyway arjan is way cheaper than BKK"

How many temples or ajarn have you visited in Bkk if you think 4,000 is cheaper than Bkk?

The Thais I know pay nowhere near the sort of prices you mention.

It may well be the case that farang are reading up on the internet and going to places that now cater to farang.

Most Thais I know pay no more than 500 baht or 1,000 baht depending on the size of the sak yant and the time it takes to complete.

I could name 3 temples right off the top of my head, all in Bkk, where nothing like the prices mentioned are being paid,and the one in On Nut 25 isnt one of them.

I have never heard of prices being discussed beforehand, I see the Thais making tam bun by putting the money in an envelope after being tattooed.

I would assume that the money in the envelope senario is when in the temple and not by an ajarn outside the temple. If you want to go get a Sak Yant done for less than 1000 baht you can easily go to the temples but if you want a quality one on your skin you would have to wait ages as there are lots of thais there getting it done and you have to wait your turn, alternativly some of use don't have the patiance to wait and would much rather pay a little extra for quality and to not have to hang around for ages.

I think 4000 baht for a Sak Yant is a great price not sure where in the you come from but where I am from you would be lucky to get my name on my arm for that from a tattoo parlour and the fact the way the Yant is done is worth every baht. I am compairing that price to going to a ajarn privatley and not to a temple where 200 baht is enough but also the potential 4hour wait.

• 3 months later...

Hi. Had any one recently had an Sak yant made??

I am intressted in gooing to wat bang phra in February.

Of what I can see you buy some offerings to the temple (flowers, cigarettes) which the monks goes back with and trade for money.

Then you can make a donation on how much as you like in an evenlope.

Oh, yes you have to wait for your turn. One should get there early I'm the morning.

If some one has any more info pleas contact me at [email protected] or trhru the forum.

If someone likes to tag along in February pleas contact me ill be in sattahip in feb.

Mattias