Acoustic Guitar Strings

DMC1

I have a Yamaha APX-8D at home in Pattaya and I have just run out of strings. I had about 6 packs of Martin & Ernie Ball extra light gauge that I brought from the UK with the guitar years ago but my supply has finally run out. The guitar has also lost it's beautiful finish due to the humidity and my poor admin. It still sounds great.

I thought that there was a guitar shop on Pattaya Klang but I have been up and down and I can't find it - has it closed down ?

Also, do the guitarists out there recommend any other type of strings for this climate - maybe there are new ones out on the market nowadays that I would be better off with?

Yamaha shop on Sukhumvit, right opposite the junction of Theppasit, have extra light acoustic strings, no Martin or Ernie Ball but seem to remember seeing D'Addario Strings in there though.

There is also a small guitar shop in Soi Town in Town off of Pattaya Klang. Just past Foodland on the left if heading to Sukky. Shop is on left hand side about 300m into the Soi. Good stock of strings either in sets of singularly.

Also sell amps, accessories and do setups etc.

True that the Yamaha shop on Sukhumvit across from Thepprasit rd has the best selection. They also sell a brand called "Elixer" but they are like 800 baht per pack I think. They do however make an old Yamaha sound like a D-28. The D'Addario's are great also for this type of humid weather.

I use D'Addario EXP17 medium .013-.056 on my D18, they last well and are not affected by the climate.

I used to use Martin Marquis .013-.056 but they have a short life.

Because I use only medium guage and all the strings and picks here seem to be lite or extra lite I usually end up buying them from Elderly in the states.

Hi all , my first post here.

I have a vintage Takamine dreadnought & buy strings etc from the music store on the North soi adjacent to Big C Pattaya North , there's quite a good selection of gear in this small place , they stocked D'Addario & Martin last time I was there.

Hi all , my first post here.

I have a vintage Takamine dreadnought & buy strings etc from the music store on the North soi adjacent to Big C Pattaya North , there's quite a good selection of gear in this small place , they stocked D'Addario & Martin last time I was there.

This shop is actually a branch of the shop opposite Thepprasit Road. Yes, they are equally well stocked for accessories.