Info On Chiang Mai Chiang Rai

wanderluster

my thai gf wants to take her isaan family to chiang mai/rai for holiday but does not know exactly where are the best and most affordable places to go and to see and to stay.... would be great if someone can give phone number of someone who would be willing to give some advice on these things... someone who has lived there for many years,, and who has done some of the tourist things for thai people...

thai people who are from this area and read this site,, or possibly some farong who has thai gf/wife who knows this area....

this would be greatly appreciated...

just reply directly to me with name and phone number of person,,,, will just be general questions,,, we are not asking for any guarantees,, just your personal thoughts and ideas would be so great....

what temples are of signifigance,, is flower show worth the money to see?? .... river rides??? resteraunts that have show but are more orientated to thais than tourist farongs.... the real insite to this area rather than the stupid tourist things....

thanks ever so much

hi

thanks for your reply,,,,, but we are looking for a little more details,,,as i posted this is a trip for old thai people and not for farong

which thai temples are of major importance?? elephants are for farong tourists... umbrella factory is a maybe,,,, and exactly which of many waterfalls is the best one to see???

again thanks

There are some nice places to see in Chiang Mai, but a lot of people come here for the shopping. There are areas in the out lying districts that have wonderful products in wood, silk, clothes and what ever

for sale. Stop at any tourist information center and they have maps and advice on where to gol.