School Closed After ‘ Pupils Possessed By Spirits’

george

School closed after ‘pupils possessed by spirits’

THALANG, PHUKET: -- The Director of Cherng Talay Wittayakom secondary school sent students home for three days from Monday, following an apparent case of mass hysteria the previous Friday.

On that afternoon, a number of students were supposedly possessed by a spirit after a backhoe being used as part of a renovation project accidentally damaged an old Chinese shrine behind the school.

According to some accounts, one girl first became possessed by the shrine’s spirit. She began pointing her finger at School Director Nachai Keimnipatt, screaming abuse at him.

Other students also showed signs of possession, some screaming until they collapsed. The wave of hysteria then spread in varying degrees to other students – and to some staff.

K. Nachai downplayed reports that up to 100 students had been “possessed” and that some required hospitalization for shock.

One tea cher told the Gazette that about 10 students went to the hospital after the incident, while the rest simply went home.

K. Nachai told the Gazette that, following that Phuket Vegetarian Festival, some students had undergone ritual purifications at a local shrine for cases of possession.

“My students regularly served as mediums for the shrine during the Vegetarian Festival, so rituals were performed afterward to help release the spirits from them,” he explained.

“But on Friday I had ordered a backhoe to do some landscaping work in an overgrown area behind the school, and the operator didn’t notice the old Chinese spirit house, and damaged it,” he said.

“One student became terrified and began screaming, [claiming that] an apparition appeared to her after the spirit house was damaged.

“The spirit [appeared to have] entered the girl’s body. Through the possessed student, the spirit told me she no longer had a dwelling place and wanted a new shrine. I promised to rebuild the small shrine just for the Khaaw Spirit [which had possessed the girl] and another, larger, shrine for all the other gods and godesses. After that I called the hospital. Then the police came too.

“It was all very tumultuous,” K. Nachai said.

He downplayed reports that up to 100 students had appeared to have become possessed, putting the actual number at around 20 or 30.

“With all their screaming, they frightened the other students and staff, so I made the decision to close the school for three days,” he said.

Ceremonies will be arranged to ensure there is no repeat of the strange event, he added.

“I have invited local community leaders to take part in ceremonies to atone for whatever bad things happened, and to dedicate the new spirit houses. These will be in a new area that will be easier to take care of, and more convenient fo r believers who want to pay their respects.

“Although I believe in science, I don’t want to be disrespectful [of their beliefs], so I myself will make offerings of pork, chicken and garlands of flowers,” he added.

--Phuket Gazette 2005-12-01

"My wifes get's possessed too sometimes. She yells and complains a lot. I call her a crasy witch and lock her in the room for a couple of hours."

Perhaps I need to try that when my wife becomes possessed when I watch too much TV. So far I have only tried ignoring her and it seems to lead to an increased intensity in the possession. Perhaps I need to perform an exorcism on her.

THALANG, PHUKET: -- The Director of Cherng Talay Wittayakom secondary school sent students home for three days from Monday, following an apparent case of mass hysteria the previous Friday.

On that afternoon, a number of students were supposedly possessed by a spirit after a backhoe being used as part of a renovation project accidentally damaged an old Chinese shrine behind the school.

According to some accounts, one girl first became possessed by the shrine’s spirit. She began pointing her finger at School Director Nachai Keimnipatt, screaming abuse at him.

Other students also showed signs of possession, some screaming until they collapsed. The wave of hysteria then spread in varying degrees to other students – and to some staff.

K. Nachai downplayed reports that up to 100 students had been “possessed” and that some required hospitalization for shock.

One tea cher told the Gazette that about 10 students went to the hospital after the incident, while the rest simply went home.

K. Nachai told the Gazette that, following that Phuket Vegetarian Festival, some students had undergone ritual purifications at a local shrine for cases of possession.

“My students regularly served as mediums for the shrine during the Vegetarian Festival, so rituals were performed afterward to help release the spirits from them,” he explained.

“But on Friday I had ordered a backhoe to do some landscaping work in an overgrown area behind the school, and the operator didn’t notice the old Chinese spirit house, and damaged it,” he said.

“One student became terrified and began screaming, [claiming that] an apparition appeared to her after the spirit house was damaged.

“The spirit [appeared to have] entered the girl’s body. Through the possessed student, the spirit told me she no longer had a dwelling place and wanted a new shrine. I promised to rebuild the small shrine just for the Khaaw Spirit [which had possessed the girl] and another, larger, shrine for all the other gods and godesses. After that I called the hospital. Then the police came too.

“It was all very tumultuous,” K. Nachai said.

He downplayed reports that up to 100 students had appeared to have become possessed, putting the actual number at around 20 or 30.

“With all their screaming, they frightened the other students and staff, so I made the decision to close the school for three days,” he said.

Ceremonies will be arranged to ensure there is no repeat of the strange event, he added.

“I have invited local community leaders to take part in ceremonies to atone for whatever bad things happened, and to dedicate the new spirit houses. These will be in a new area that will be easier to take care of, and more convenient fo r believers who want to pay their respects.

“Although I believe in science, I don’t want to be disrespectful [of their beliefs], so I myself will make offerings of pork, chicken and garlands of flowers,” he added.

--Phuket Gazette 2005-12-01

HOLY SHIT!! :D:D

BIZARRE!!!!!! :D:D

That's all much stranger stuff than anything that happened to me in Ayuthaya... :D

Sometime this land can be extremely baffling.. :o

Nice excuse for having a go at the headmaster...... :o

What about the possibility of the headmaster abusing children for real ?

Too scary to think about ?

...some people will believe anything...

I kept trying to stop my Thai wife and in-laws from telling the kids that ghosts are real - bloody annoying, and almost impossible to stop. I then changed my tactic - now I explain that ghosts and spirits were invented by people who were not well enough educated to understand the world around them...it seems to have reduced some of the stories...but for how long...?

What was the place in the US where a bunch of girls were busted having a party in the forest at night and they all decided to freak out when caught thus leading the townsfolk to think they were possessed....ahh thats it...Harlem !! The witches of Harlem were then burned at the post I think.....well thats what happenned in the movie anyway !! haha ......and how many centuries ago was that ??

What was the place in the US where a bunch of girls were busted having a party in the forest at night and they all decided to freak out when caught thus leading the townsfolk to think they were possessed....ahh thats it...Harlem !! The witches of Harlem were then burned at the post I think.....well thats what happenned in the movie anyway !! haha ......and how many centuries ago was that ??

Salem I think was the place - Harlem has a completly different kind of spooky population!

What is weird or bizzare about this. I told you that we are living in a multi-dimensional universes. All of us humanoids in all over the universes possess a physical entity and also a astral entity. When we reincarnate into this 3rd dimensional lower realm with a physical body, our astral entity has to dwell inside our physical body in order to achieve consciouness and knowlege. The astral side also need the physical coarse body to experience the all kinds of feelings in this 3rd dimensional lower realm.

These spirits in this news are in the borderline of the 2 dimensions. They are of very low vibrational state that attached to our physical realm for sometimes or for eons and these low vibrational spirits refused to enter into the upper astral realm mostly due to their unresistable strong earthly desires and they choose to stay in the inter-demensional realm, somewhat still to be a part of our physical dimension. As almost all of us humanoids in the whole universe with a coarse body will naturally follow and return to the upper astral dimension after our coarse body dies and be ready for another 3rd dimensional reincarnation when time is ready. This is the law of nature that applys between this coarse universe of physical realm with the fine matter astral universe.

These spirits that possess people are of very low state of vibration with so much physical desires that refused to leave the physical world and choose to stay in the inter demensions for sometime. Generally these spirits are of negative energy.

Edited by dannishgung

I think I was possesed a couple of months back when I came home and My wife told me she just bought a new necklace. I became violently ill and almost lost consciouness. I also started speaking in evil tounge to her. The darn posession took place just before the Football game too. Ruined my whole day :o J/K

Forgot to mention about the possession.

Possession do sometimes occur. generally it has two types. One is the forceful possession and the other one with consent.

In the cases of kids, it's the forceful possession or entry by these earthly bound spirits or energies that took over the coarse bodies and consciousness of the kids.

You can see it as a theif (the earthly bound or attached energies) that forcefully enter someone's house(someone's coarse body) and hyjack the owner (the astral energy or spirit that belong to this coarse body) of the house.

The other kind of possession is that of the mediums. This is the voluntary possession. The mediums have the ability to "tune" into the vibration state of a certain spirit form or energy and communicate with it and also allow the spirit to "borrow" his/her coarse body in order to be communicate or be active in this 3rd dimmensional coarse realm for a short time period.

lucky for foreigners that they don't build them spirit houses and have all them spirit problems.

Jeez if i was dead i sure as hel_l wouldn't want to hang around earth to get upset about little tacky plastic houses and the like. Unless barbie was in one of them waiting for me.