Importing A Leovince Silencer From Europe

Dutchbike

I'm planning of ordering a leovince slip-on silencer ( model 3545) for my KLX 250 from a webshop in the Netherlands.

The price is aprox €250,- ( 10K thb) apart from the extra costs for the shipping, will i have to pay import taxes or will there be a change such a package will pass customs without checking??

I once had some lawnmower parts (cuttingblade) shipped over and they arrived without any problems ( costs)

Of course you have to pay duty . Are you trying to start a career as a smuggler?

30% on the total landed cost (250+ shipping) +7% Vat.

A large parcel like a silencer is unlikely to slip through, unless you are very lucky.

2 years ago when I was at the Kawi dealer in Chiang Mai, they showed me a Leo Vince muffler for my DTX250. Maybe they have or can get one for the KLX. The LV was very high quality, it had 3, maybe 4, different sized tips you could put into the end to quiet it down.

I wanted a short muffler so ended up getting the Two Bros which is so loud its deafening.

Why not import from the USA?

At least the initial cost of buying the item will be a fair bit cheaper than the UK, as for tax and postage i can't say.

I am currently looking at importing from the USA and if i was to avoid being taxed at both ends (long shot i know) i would beable to get the exact same slip-on for 2/5's the price of what retailers want here in Thailand..... plus postage.

:)

Thank god they're talking about motorbike's I thought it was about guns until I got to post number 5! blink.png

We actually are but it's encoded ph34r.png

Out of interest what advantage would a leovince silencer have over a type you could buy in Thailand.?

Price and quality, and the fact that most of the local produced silencers don't have a lamda sonde connection.

Of course you have to pay duty . Are you trying to start a career as a smuggler?

30% on the total landed cost (250+ shipping) +7% Vat.

A large parcel like a silencer is unlikely to slip through, unless you are very lucky.

Thanks for the info, the price advantage is getting less with all those taxes (as i expected)

Mayby someone know a good deal for a good quality silencerof another brand availble in Thailand.

My Kawa dealer has got a leo vince but priced at 22K but i find it a bit overprized ( 7 of these silencers gets you a new KLX)happy.png

2 years ago when I was at the Kawi dealer in Chiang Mai, they showed me a Leo Vince muffler for my DTX250. Maybe they have or can get one for the KLX. The LV was very high quality, it had 3, maybe 4, different sized tips you could put into the end to quiet it down.

I wanted a short muffler so ended up getting the Two Bros which is so loud its deafening.

Leo Vince makes amazing quality pipes, have had 2 for Ninja650

However for a 250, I think I d just get a local stainless one at 2-3k baht. To much risk with shipping/customs, and cost to much to begin with

Leo Vince makes amazing quality pipes, have had 2 for Ninja650

However for a 250, I think I d just get a local stainless one at 2-3k baht. To much risk with shipping/customs, and cost to much to begin with

Why...... a 250 is not worth a Leo Vince?? i think because it's ( just) a 250 the slightetst difference ( power and torque) will we be more noticeable then on a 650 bike.

Going for a locally made silencer could even mean a loss of power, i'm willing to pay a fair amount of money to a quality brand as LV.

Luckely i found a friend who is visting me next month willing to take it with him, avoiding the extra costs.

is that smuggling???? LOL

Leovince Dyno klx 250.pdf

AR-3545.mp3

Call me paranoid but I always toss the packaging when I bring expensive stuff over.

Customs may think your friend is trying to sell it and charge tax.

I even go to the extent of writing "sample: not for resale" or actually scratching my items so there is no debate as to it looking used.