Honda To Re-Start Production In Late March 2012

Honda have announced that production at their Rojana plant will resume in late March 2012, with customer deliveries starting "gradually" from April 2012 onwards.

In addition, Jazz and Accord models will be imported from Japan under a special duty-free deal struck with the Thai Office of Advanced Economics, with deliveries for them starting in late February 2012.

Production at Honda's Rojana facitlies was stopped due to flooding back in October 2011, and resulted in 1055 new cars (mostly Brio models) being destroyed due to flood damage.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I was curious about article in a 'paper' on the import No's to eleviate the back orders of Jazz 5700 and Accord 1300, so they are going to import 4000 Jazz and 2000 Accordblink.png so is the paper wrong? or is Honda thinking Japanese built Accords are going to be a good earnerlicklips.gif .

• 3 weeks later...

I was quoted an extra 50k if i wanted to take delivery of import Jazz next month

The top spec Japanese Jazz is 747,000 Baht. It does come with a number of options not found in the Th version though. The last price for the Th SV spec was about 715,000 from memory.

yeah they had wrongly told me it was an extra 50k for the (base at) model id ordered. Anyhoo Thai deliveries now coming in April, huzzah

I'd rather get a Japanese import if possible as it would make it's money back on resale both with features and with novelty and prestige of being an import, the Thai's eat up things like that..

Not to mention get some proper safety features denied to the local market like side airbags. I saw an imported yaris disel 1.4 that came with all the airbags youd expect outside of thailand....critical to minimize some of the disadvantage compacts have in wrecks.

Please note that imported Jazz cannot claim back 100,000 Baht under the 1st car scheme.

That's been suspended anyways and it doesn't apply to foreigners..

Has it?

We ordered a Jazz yesterday top spec, thai version - delivery in April. We were told the scheme is still running. Even if it is, the small print where you can't sell / transfer ownership for 5 years makes me hesitant to sign up.

Saying that, 100,000 Baht is tempting.....

I am looking to buy a base Brio (400k baht) when they start production again. Has anyone managed to buy a base Brio yet, i heard maybe they were not yet in production.

The base MT versions of these eco-cars has never been produced in quantity, so will always have a reasonably long wait associated... That's not just a Honda thing, it's industry-wide.

The fact is virtually no-one actually buys them, and definitely no-one wants to sell them (who wants a car that doesn't even have a radio? heh). They only exist to qualify for the eco-car tax break, which requires that the range must include a version that sells for < 400K Baht.

See how you go, but also don't forget there's some more eco-car options coming later this month too - i.e the Mitsubishi Mirage and the new-generation Suzuki Swift - the latter of which is competitve against Jazz, Yaris, Mazda2 and Fiesta on product size and substance...

Not to mention get some proper safety features denied to the local market like side airbags. I saw an imported yaris disel 1.4 that came with all the airbags youd expect outside of thailand....critical to minimize some of the disadvantage compacts have in wrecks.

If safety is a primary concern, there's a new variant of the Fiesta launching later this month with the full compliment of airbags (7 of them), stability control and traction control, making it the first 5-star car in the sub-1M range (the next least expensive 5-star cars are the Ford Ranger Wildtrak, The Mazda3 and the soon to be released Ford Focus).

Please note that imported Jazz cannot claim back 100,000 Baht under the 1st car scheme.

That's been suspended anyways and it doesn't apply to foreigners..

Has it?

We ordered a Jazz yesterday top spec, thai version - delivery in April. We were told the scheme is still running. Even if it is, the small print where you can't sell / transfer ownership for 5 years makes me hesitant to sign up.

Saying that, 100,000 Baht is tempting.....

Yep, it was posted some months ago that there are many holes in the system (go figure) and until they're worked out there'll be no payouts and they supposedly stopped taking applications but I haven't seen any updates recently so can't confirm it all with certainty.

And yes that 5 year ownership is a real snag too..