Can I Be Evicted While I Am Away?

quick question as I am away soon.

I rent a house. 1 year agreement started 1st April 2011.

I am away in the UK today for visa etc. I will be away maybe 6 weeks.

Told landlord (Thai) I will be away for a long holiday. He insisted I pay rent for next month as I will not be here on due date for rent.

Other day the landlord had someone round to look at the house with regards to buying it.

Now, today, landlord says he does not want rent for next month and to give it when I return. The person has said they want to buy. That makes me suspicious :(

My concern is that he will take over the house while I am not here. Unjustified concern?

House is unfurnished. He has no keys. My car is in the drive.

serious comments please as I am not here for long and leave today.

prepaid you can not be legally evicted by landlord.

you can still be evicted by his bank if morgage and not paid loan

you can be evicted by new owner, and seek refund from old landlord of what is prepaid. Unless your lease is protected as registered in land deed in land office

not prepaid, and late payment, you can be evicted by any above in few days (most courts require more than 5 days late)

The landlord refused the rent for 1st March. I find that odd since he had insisted I pay it before I went on 'holiday'.

I will have to wait and see now, as I am in the UK. He will have a job removing my car from the dirve though smile.png

or he sells the property with some scrap metal includedclap2.gif

If landlord refuses rent and you want to be sure its prepaid, every Amphur has a public office where you can deposit a cashier check for the rent according to written rentalagreement, for him to pickup. Just send him a notice when done. Rent is prepaid, you can not be legally evicted by landlord