Isaan Farmers Ideas Exchange Meeting No. 4

WormFarmer

I am still not able to confirm our attendence but would suggest to others that these meetings have been very helpful information exchanges and not hard work at all. This one is not to be missed for anyone interested in worm farming or using the products on your gardens. Get there if you can one and all.

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These ideas exchanges require a good deal of thought. It is all much easier if the mental wheels are greased a bit. So when a disaster like this happens it could mean there is no oil, more importantly no Leo! God help us all, no Leo, no lies.... forget the wormfarm, no reason to live!

post-56811-0-60733600-1331813227_thumb.j

The topic of conversation is about working in Thailand,what about work permits ????

People are giving valuable infoand admitting to working ????

Have you been to a meeting? Do you know what is discussed at these meetings? If the answer is no, I suggest you restrict your posts to subjects you know something about.

Well put Bob straight to the point - But as subtle as a house brick in the face.

The topic of conversation is about working in Thailand,what about work permits ????

Have you been to a meeting? Do you know what is discussed at these meetings? If the answer is no, I suggest you restrict your posts to subjects you know something about.

Well put Bob straight to the point - But as subtle as a house brick in the face.

I am sure what our Pepper Soup friend meant to write was:

The topic of conversation is about FARMING in Thailand, what about FARM permits ????

People are giving valuable infoand admitting to FARMING ????

I am sure what our Pepper Soup friend meant to write was:

The topic of conversation is about FARMING in Thailand, what about FARM permits ????

People are giving valuable infoand admitting to FARMING ????

Interestingly enough it was the same killjoy who raised the same point at the time of the first meeting, see http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4628718 (post #59). He/she was well answered at the time by IA, but clearly he/she doesn't learn from his/her mistakes and enjoys making unnecessary and useless posts. WF

Edited by WormFarmer

Hey WF,

Give Pepper Soup a break, I doubt he is a troll. Probably more likely to be referring to his own current circumstances or an ugly memory. If my memory serves me correctly he didnt respond last time when challenged so he is either, if I am wrong, asleep under the bridge, or correct, hiding under the bed. If he does come out then maybe he will decide to risk all and join us on the day, in an advisory capacity of course.

Farming Day 4 is bound to be a success, put these nonsense issues behind you. Why should we worry, I have been insulted by experts and remain unimpressed.

For those who are thinking of attending, consider this! Here is a man that keeps cows just so their manure can be fed to the worms. How integrated and sustainable is that?

hi wf just wondering if you booked a room yet rg Russell

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Hi Russell,

No I haven't made the booking yet, do you want to change it or increase it to 2 rooms as you said you might. Please confirm you want the room for night of 8th April as you appeared to get the date wrong in your first post as you talked about coming on morning of the 9th April.

Sorry I didn't answer your last post. Not many participants bring children as most are too old to have young children!! However, you are welcome to bring him/her, we have an eleven year old daughter, she'll be around, so maybe they can always watch TV together, or they can go swimming. We have a pool so bring you child's swimming costume, towel etc. same for you too if you want to swim, and anyone else for that matter.

No need to bring any food, we'll do lunch on 8th for those who arrive in the morning and a BBQ and/or curry in the evening for which we will charge a flat rate per meal. Beer will also be available but if you want anything more exotic then feel free to bring what you want.

Cheers

WF

Edited by WormFarmer

WormFarmer

Very interested in coming down to RoiEt to meet everybody and have a chat. Had to go back to UK for a week or two and don't get back to LOS until March 28th. Live about 200 kilos away so would stop somewhere maybe in centre. If ok will confirm after 28th.

Do you think the start of ceremonies for the funeral of Princess Bejaratana on the 8th will have any effect on the meeting, travelling there (ie quieter or busier roads) or getting accommodation.

Hope to see you next month.

Cheers

Dunc

WormFarmer

Very interested in coming down to RoiEt to meet everybody and have a chat. Had to go back to UK for a week or two and don't get back to LOS until March 28th. Live about 200 kilos away so would stop somewhere maybe in centre. If ok will confirm after 28th.

Do you think the start of ceremonies for the funeral of Princess Bejaratana on the 8th will have any effect on the meeting, travelling there (ie quieter or busier roads) or getting accommodation.

Cheers

Dunc

Hi Dunc, Hope you can make it, I shall await your confirmation after 28 March. I cannot imagine that the funeral of Princess Bejaratana in Bangkok will have any impact on traffic in Isaan or the availability of accommodation in Roi Et. Plenty of hotels in Roi Et, (we are about 7km from the city centre) or as I noted in my first post there are a couple of small resorts very close to us. Cheers WF

Edited by WormFarmer

WormFarmer

Cheers

Dunc

Hi Dunc, Hope you can make it, I shall await your confirmation after 28 March. I cannot imagine that the funeral of Princess Bejaratana in Bangkok will have any impact on traffic in Isaan or the availability of accommodation in Roi Et. Plenty of hotels in Roi Et, (we are about 7km from the city centre) or as I noted in my first post there are a couple of small resorts very close to us. Cheers WF

Thanks hopefully see you there.

Dunc

Less than a couple of weeks to go until the next meeting here, so anyone who wants to come but not yet confirmed, time is running out. Hopefully the rains will hold off until after Songkran so we should be OK on 8th April. Cheers WF

Hi' Worm Farmer. I will be coming to the get togher at your place,and will be bringing at least one other farang, we do not require accommodation, (returning home mid evening) so will see you there. Thanks Ian.

Hi' Worm Farmer. I will be coming to the get togher at your place,and will be bringing at least one other farang, we do not require accommodation, (returning home mid evening) so will see you there. Thanks Ian.

Hi Ian, Look forward to seeing you then. It would be useful (for catering purposes) if you can let me know, nearer the time, how many others will be coming with you. Cheers WF

OK count the wife and I in as starters. Accomodation please, nothing flash, just close by, will take a worm bed but wont eat them.

IA

Hi IA, So pleased to hear you will make it - are you bringing others too? Accommodation will be booked within 2km of us. See you then. Cheers WF

WF, I got my start in worm farming from you and your good lady. My wife learnt in Thai and I in English. We thank you both for that.

In answer to your question, no just the two of us at this stage. I was hoping that ForEverFord may join us but it seems the bat and ball will be in play for him (Hua HIn Cricket).

To others yet to decide, if you have any interest in worm farming, organic agriculture or integrated farming then this meeting is not to be missed. The information to be gained at this one is as good if not better than any of the previous three. Even if you havent thought about worms before, think about how you would benefit by using farm made fertilising and pest control products.

Join the growing throng guys, be there.

IA

OK count the wife and I in as starters. Accomodation please, nothing flash, just close by, will take a worm bed but wont eat them.

IA

Hi IA, So pleased to hear you will make it - are you bringing others too? Accommodation will be booked within 2km of us. See you then. Cheers WF

Have you got anything nearer? I'm not sure his Mrs can carry him that far. (Remember Sat night at Bergens) Tony can't

Only joking Bob

IA

Have you got anything nearer? I'm not sure his Mrs can carry him that far. (Remember Sat night at Bergens) Tony can't

Only joking Bob

Hi Bob, Yes I remember the last one at Bergens, burp.gif but if he gets to that state again then we can take him up on his original suggestion and put him in the worm beds, which are closer to hand! wink.png Cheers WF

hi wf just put bags in car wild horses won't keep me away still just not shore how many when is your cut off date regards Russell br />

Posted with Thaivisa App http://appshi.thaivisa.com

Hi Russell, Have a good journey. Any information on numbers at any time up to Saturday afternoon would be useful, but not compulsory! You can call me whenever, my mobile number is on the map included with my opening post. Do you need any more directions to the hotel I mentioned or are you going to look around for yourself? Cheers WF

WF, I got my start in worm farming from you and your good lady. My wife learnt in Thai and I in English. We thank you both for that.

In answer to your question, no just the two of us at this stage. I was hoping that ForEverFord may join us but it seems the bat and ball will be in play for him (Hua HIn Cricket).

To others yet to decide, if you have any interest in worm farming, organic agriculture or integrated farming then this meeting is not to be missed. The information to be gained at this one is as good if not better than any of the previous three. Even if you havent thought about worms before, think about how you would benefit by using farm made fertilising and pest control products.

IA

Hi IA, Nice plug thanks but don't get people all worked up expecting something amazing because they'll only be disappointed when they get here and see the reality! huh.png Cheers WF

IA

Hi IA, Nice plug thanks but don't get people all worked up expecting something amazing because they'll only be disappointed when they get here and see the reality! huh.png Cheers WF

WF, as you know, I've only been there once but to me it was the scale of the operation and it's simplicity that impressed me. In fact I could use any surplus you have right now. New fertiliser product range, not enough castings. I have achieved good results with pig and cow manures. Those are easy for me. My castings output is meagre and I cant reach beyond samples.

By the way, any of you other guys that are interested in uping the NPK values of any manure you have, drop by WF's place for the meeting or send me a PM. But on this ocassion be warned, I have the key and I aint sharing that for free.

IA

Hi WF and all others.

I will unfortunately not be able to come to this meeting, as I'm still back in farangland. I wish you all a good one and hope to see you at the next!

Hi WF and all others.

I will unfortunately not be able to come to this meeting, as I'm still back in farangland. I wish you all a good one and hope to see you at the next!

Hi Bergen,

Sorry to hear that and sorry too for the reason. Hope to see you at the next meeting wherever that will be.

Cheers

WF

WormFarmer

Very interested in coming down to RoiEt to meet everybody and have a chat. Had to go back to UK for a week or two and don't get back to LOS until March 28th. Live about 200 kilos away so would stop somewhere maybe in centre. If ok will confirm after 28th. ..........

Cheers

Dunc

Hi Dunc,

28 March has come and gone so I reckon you must be back in LOS.welcomeani.gif Think you can make it to the meeting? If so how many people?

Cheers

WF