Isaan Farmers Ideas Exchange Meeting No. 4

WormFarmer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi' Worm Farmer. I will be coming to the get togher at your place,and will be bringing at least one other farang, we do not require accommodation, (returning home mid evening) so will see you there. Thanks Ian.

Hi Ian, Look forward to seeing you then. It would be useful (for catering purposes) if you can let me know, nearer the time, how many others will be coming with you. Cheers WF

Hi WF, It will only be four of us coming on sunday ,two farangs with Thai wives , see you there. Ian.

I'll be there WF - just me for the daytime activities and probably just me for evening activities too.

Sorry for the late notice, I have finally given up on getting a straight answer from my wife as to whether she is going along with me to see her mate in Roi-Et*, so I'll make my own accommodation arrangements when she does. If you can post or PM the phone number of that local resort you are using I'll give them a call when I do know if it's just me.

* Not my wife's fault I hasten to add in case she ever gets hold of my handle! Said mate can't make her mind up whether to come over to her family in our village at the weekend or stay at home.

I'll be there WF - just me for the daytime activities and probably just me for evening activities too.

Sorry for the late notice, I have finally given up on getting a straight answer from my wife as to whether she is going along with me to see her mate in Roi-Et*, so I'll make my own accommodation arrangements when she does. If you can post or PM the phone number of that local resort you are using I'll give them a call when I do know if it's just me.

* Not my wife's fault I hasten to add in case she ever gets hold of my handle! Said mate can't make her mind up whether to come over to her family in our village at the weekend or stay at home.

Hi SantiSuk,

Ok all noted, see you Sunday with or without TW. Telephone numbers of the two resorts I mentioned and which are both marked on my sketch map are:

Bansuan Resort 043 528101 and Relax Resort 081 0582727. - But no-one at either speaks English so if you want to book you must speak Thai or get your wife to make the booking.

I am going along this morning to make a couple of bookings for AA1 and IsaanAussie at Bansuan Resort, I'll check if they are likely to have rooms available on Sunday if you just arrive on-spec. and let you know.

Cheers

WF

Hi SantiSuk,

Ok all noted, see you Sunday with or without TW. Telephone numbers of the two resorts I mentioned and which are both marked on my sketch map are:

Bansuan Resort 043 528101 and Relax Resort 081 0582727. - But no-one at either speaks English so if you want to book you must speak Thai or get your wife to make the booking.

I am going along this morning to make a couple of bookings for AA1 and IsaanAussie at Bansuan Resort, I'll check if they are likely to have rooms available on Sunday if you just arrive on-spec. and let you know.

Cheers

WF

Message to all.

Have a good meeting. Don't forget to post pics after but this time put captions so we know who everyone is

Bob

Had a great time at the last meeting and am disappointed that I can't make this one as I have had to return to Australia. I know you will all have a great time and look forward to being able to join you fine gentlemen once again in the near future.

Well we were extremely lucky with the weather, having had rain all day Saturday, Sunday the day of the meeting, turned out bright and sunny. Ten Farangs, nine with their wives, made it to the meeting, I think most people enjoyed the meeting, here are some photos, I'll add TV names or if not TV members, real names.

post-34165-0-59625200-1333954946_thumb.j

Early arrivals, Left to Right: AndyCrosby (and son), Peterb0576, AA1 and Helmuth with some of the wives in the background preparing food.

post-34165-0-91799200-1333954961_thumb.j

L to R : SantiSuk (leaning back), John (red check shirt), Peterb0576, Helmuth, Ib1b4, AA1, AndyCrosby & son

post-34165-0-86678000-1333954976_thumb.j

Ladies in the foreground, L to R : Helmuth's wife Wee (standing), Aussieruss's wife (blue & black top), AA1's wife Ting (in pink) John Clements' wife (arms crossed), Peterb0576's wife Pom, Ib1b4's wife (blue top) and my wife Kaew (checkered top).

In the background the guys: L to R: John Clements (partly hidden), SantiSuk, Helmuth, Peterb0576, Aussieruss, Ib1b4, AA1, MrOdyssey,

post-34165-0-44190400-1333954992_thumb.j

Reverse view of above

post-34165-0-81500300-1333954931_thumb.j

L to R: Peterb0576, Aussieruss (background), Helmuth (foreground), Ib1b4 (green shirt), AA1, John Clements, SantiSuk.

Cheers WF

Well WF, it would seem that the surroundings rate pretty highly, impressive garden. So who is next guys? Who has something of value to add to our collective knowledge? Where and when?

If no one else is up for it then I will anti up again. Topic composting and the use of EM probiotics and whatever has happened since now. Things have moved on at the Aussie battlers farm but some things remain the same. Today that same sow stood in the same spot and pissed into the same watering pot as Bergen photographed last time.

The message is simple, lets keep it running. Sorry I couldnt make it this time but reliability and Thai labour do not always match, pigs first, such is life.

Come on, someone. I will give you a week then announce the next date at my place. Tentatively, before we all get busy with the rice season start, lets say early June?

............. If no one else is up for it then I will anti up again. Topic composting and the use of EM probiotics and whatever has happened since now. .............. The message is simple, lets keep it running. Sorry I couldnt make it this time but reliability and Thai labour do not always match, pigs first, such is life.

Come on, someone. I will give you a week then announce the next date at my place. Tentatively, before we all get busy with the rice season start, lets say early June?

IA I have PM'd you, but there are others who are giving thought to hosting the next meeting, so no need to jump the gun just yet. Everyone agreed it would be good to continue with such meetings, but early June would be too early I think as several who were at the meeting Sunday will be away then - late June early July seemed more popular.

WormFarmer.

How can I express Ting and my thanks enough!

You and Kaew entertained us so well and I am sure that I speak for everyone there when I say that going round your commercial worm farm was most interesting and educational and then seeing the splendid 3 story and mobile quail quarters, which you designed and built yourselves so the area for quail can be expanded steadily as markets grow, were fascinating. I can't wait to sample very soon the quality of the eggs we brought home!

As can be seen from your super photos we were all thoroughly relaxed and enjoyed our visit. It was a pity that quite a number from the previous meeting were either abroad or were unable to get because of work but a good excuse to come back to yours again at some future date!!!

Perfect hosts, good company, fascinating walk round, excellent food and a supply of drink that didn't run out!! What more could anyone ask for?

Thanks so much.

AA1 & Ting.

WormFarmer.

How can I express Ting and my thanks enough!

You and Kaew entertained us so well and I am sure that I speak for everyone there when I say that going round your commercial worm farm was most interesting and educational and then seeing the splendid 3 story and mobile quail quarters, which you designed and built yourselves so the area for quail can be expanded steadily as markets grow, were fascinating. I can't wait to sample very soon the quality of the eggs we brought home!

As can be seen from your super photos we were all thoroughly relaxed and enjoyed our visit. It was a pity that quite a number from the previous meeting were either abroad or were unable to get because of work but a good excuse to come back to yours again at some future date!!!

Perfect hosts, good company, fascinating walk round, excellent food and a supply of drink that didn't run out!! What more could anyone ask for?

Thanks so much.

AA1 & Ting.

AA1,

Thankyou for your kind words, we enjoyed doing it and would be happy to do another at some time in the future after others have had their chance.

Cheers

WF

Worm farmer: AA1 has said it all , Thea & myself also had a wonderful time at your place , relaxing ! look at your reverse photo , peter on the end of the table looks to be totally relaxed? Wonderful day had by all. Thanks Ian.

Worm farmer: AA1 has said it all , Thea & myself also had a wonderful time at your place , relaxing ! look at your reverse photo , peter on the end of the table looks to be totally relaxed? Wonderful day had by all. Thanks Ian.

A very enjoyable 12 hours and thanks for the second mini tour this morning for my 2 year old. She was repeating nok-a-taar nok-a-tar (quail) all the way back to Kantharalak.

AA1 well said ,sorry we could not stop longer it was a long day for us with the babys and i had another meeting to go to but thanks for letting the kids use your pool. great food.

If some one hosts the next one Ill do the one after ill be ready by Sep -Oct Time to show you some things you have never seen in Thailand before

............. If no one else is up for it then I will anti up again. Topic composting and the use of EM probiotics and whatever has happened since now. .............. The message is simple, lets keep it running. Sorry I couldnt make it this time but reliability and Thai labour do not always match, pigs first, such is life.

IA I have PM'd you, but there are others who are giving thought to hosting the next meeting, so no need to jump the gun just yet. Everyone agreed it would be good to continue with such meetings, but early June would be too early I think as several who were at the meeting Sunday will be away then - late June early July seemed more popular.

Hi IA and others,

it now looks like those whom I thought may be able to host the next meeting cannot for one reason or another, so the floor is open to others who may wish to or to IsaanAussie who has graciously suggested he could do it again at his place.

Cheers

WF

Hi IA and others,

it now looks like those whom I thought may be able to host the next meeting cannot for one reason or another, so the floor is open to others who may wish to or to IsaanAussie who has graciously suggested he could do it again at his place.

Cheers

WF

The first meeting was really just a convenient place that most could justify attending hoping to see/learn something different. My operation has moved on towards self sufficiency and sustainability. Can I show the original participants something new, absolutely.

Our second meeting was closer to the reality most live, at AA1's, investment, patience and a field of ready to go rubber.

Third meeting more into agrotourism opportunities and the fourth some serious worm farming capacity.

So where to now?

My personal hope is we move towards commercial outcome. How the hell do we turn all this thought, effort and funding into a sustainable income base. Our Thai better halfs all have families and they have expectations of us.

If there is anyone amid our small network that has the keys to success here, not by bringing constant earnings in, but by doing it here, then please stand up and share your knowledge with those of us struggling to reach the bottom line.