Advise Re The O% Finance Advertised

As I am always asking daft questions, one more won't make any difference. Does anyone know where I can get hold of an 'aeon' or 'eon' card. I think itis the name. I often see things advertised in Central (cameras and ipods etc) with either a 0% finance offer or 0.8% and wondered how I could avail myself of this. I don't want another bank loan or Central card, the interest charged is astronomical. so answers on a postcard........ :o:D

Pay cash, then you avoid all interest charges.  :o

That's a very long way from being a useful response to the man's question. Why even bother taking up space with something like that?

Anyway, to the orginal poster, I haven't seen the card you mentioned being offered, but if you have, I suggest you check the fine print very carefully. Anything that sounds too good to be true usually is, and the Central Group in particular has a history of cutting every consumer offer as close as they can ("HUGE 5% DISCOUNT," followed by a two page list of things even this piddling dicount doesn't apply to which naturally includes everything anyone might actually want to buy).

Real breaks for the consumer are as rare as four leaf clovers at Central. What you are describing really doesn't sound right to me.

Sorry, should have made myself clearer. It is not just for use in Central that is just where I tend to spend a lot of time. I have seen the sign on cameras etc. in the independant retailer too. Aeon or Eon is the one I recall best. It is pale blue and kind of ethereal (that doesn;t make sense) the wording is on a kind of swirly bluey purply background. Hopeless at description.

By the way, I know about the central card, I checked out the print on the application form 12% interest. Which is lower than the UK obviously, but I really want very very very low interest (and the moon on a stick!) :o

Sorry, should have made myself clearer. It is not just for use in Central that is just where I tend to spend a lot of time. I have seen the sign on cameras etc. in the independant retailer too. Aeon or Eon is the one I recall best. It is pale blue and kind of ethereal (that doesn;t make sense) the wording is on a kind of swirly bluey purply background. Hopeless at description.

By the way, I know about the central card, I checked out the print on the application form 12% interest. Which is lower than the UK obviously, but I really want very very very low interest (and the moon on a stick!) :o

AFAIK Aeon is a private financing company simply to Quikcash or Ezybuy, so they have a card. Not sure but pretty sure they have a website. If you are not Thai, you may not be eligible for the card. I suspect it might not be a credit card in itself, check out on their website.

These sorts of cards are for the lower income groups, adn therefore have high levels of carry over balances, hence they can actually offer 0%, knowing that the person will end up paying late, and thus incurrnig charges.

A normal credit card may be ok, some cards have 0% extended payment plans which the retailer absorbs the cost for; that is another way. Again though, this is for locally issued cards only for the most part (except for some AMEX) and if you are a foreigner then you might find it hard to get a card.

By the way, I know about the central card, I checked out the print on the application form 12% interest. Which is lower than the UK obviously, but I really want very very very low interest (and the moon on a stick!) :D

These sorts of cards are for the lower income groups, adn therefore have high levels of carry over balances, hence they can actually offer 0%, knowing that the person will end up paying late, and thus incurrnig charges.

Correct. And that's how they make their bread (and a lot of bread involved I might add). One of my old school mates is one of the VPs over at Capital OK. Once the pikers start making late payments, there is typically a clause that says all 0% promotions are immediately null and void.... and wallah, you're paying the maximum legal %'s involved.

:o

Correct. And that's how they make their bread (and a lot of bread involved I might add). One of my old school mates is one of the VPs over at Capital OK. Once the pikers start making late payments, there is typically a clause that says all 0% promotions are immediately null and void.... and wallah, you're paying the maximum legal %'s involved.

Niiiiiice. I see that Quikcash and your Capital pals just had to write off some interest; burying stuff in the fine print is ok, but it cannot be buried too deep; I still am not 100% sure that all this easy credit with high interest rates is doing anyone any favours....

But then again, if I was a rich man, duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle doo... all day I would lend and do some poo... if I was a wealthy man?!

Niiiiiice. I see that Quikcash and your Capital pals just had to write off some interest; burying stuff in the fine print is ok, but it cannot be buried too deep; I still am not 100% sure that all this easy credit with high interest rates is doing anyone any favours....

But then again, if I was a rich man, duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle duddle doo... all day I would lend and do some poo... if I was a wealthy man?!

Yeah, they are being told to back down on all the extra "fees" they are pouring onto their clientele on top of the interest. It's one of those things. Like the Shariah banks don't pay "interest" because it's against the Koran... but hey, it's okay to pay "profit shares." Same thing for Easy Buy, Aeon, etc.... these aren't "interest" charges they are "penalties and fees."

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Right.... where can I get one of these cards?!

I have a terrible credit rating thats still dragging its heals from being a silly boy 5 years ago. Haven't missed a payment in over a year and never intend to again but it's gonna take much longer than that to re-establish credit!!!!

Right.... where can I get one of these cards?!

I have a terrible credit rating thats still dragging its heals from being a silly boy 5 years ago. Haven't missed a payment in over a year and never intend to again but it's gonna take much longer than that to re-establish credit!!!!

Try any shopping center. There are booths all over the place.

:D