Transferring Cash From Abroad To Buy A Condo

I want to transfer all the cash (and some extra for living expenses) for a condo I am purchasing very soon. I am currently paying monthly deposit amounts. However, the condo won't be finished for at least a year. I will make sure it says on the transfer request and FET form that the cash is 'for the purchase of a condo'.

I have 2 questions about this;

1. Will the registry office, when I pay the final amount as a cashier's cheque, accept the FET form if it is a year or more old? Is there a time limit for this - if not what is there to stop someone using an old FET form several years old to use at registration?

2. I may want to move the cash to another bank when it arrives (don't ask why), which may mean that the FET form may be issued by a different bank from the cashier's cheque when I present them at registration. Would this be a problem?

Can't answer your initial questions though I have a couple of points:

If you want the apartment in your name the funds must come into the country as foreign currency not Baht. e.g. send as US$ etc.

You require a letter from the bank stating this. KTB - had to go to the main office to get it. Check with the Amphor lands office first to avoid hassle. When you pay the final amount go with the salesperson to the lands office to make sure it is your name on the title document (deed).

I assume FET from is the letter from the bank? (Foreign Exchange Transfer?)

Good Luck.

Edited by newcomer01

Will you be the sole owner? Are you the beneficiary of a completion bond on this yet to be completed unit? Is it fee simple or a long term lease? Is there a funded and viable home owner's association - and possibly most importantly, what are the CC&R's (covenants, conditions and restrictions)? Also, is your visa "bullet proof?

The rule: Never do overseas, what you might not do in your home country. Good luck.

Will you be the sole owner? Are you the beneficiary of a completion bond on this yet to be completed unit? Is it fee simple or a long term lease? Is there a funded and viable home owner's association - and possibly most importantly, what are the CC&R's (covenants, conditions and restrictions)? Also, is your visa "bullet proof?

The rule: Never do overseas, what you might not do in your home country. Good luck.

What the <deleted> has this got to do with anything I have asked? I'm not asking for some clever dork to make some statement on property trust in Thailand - I've bought 3 properties already - so stick to the point

Card: Totally unwarranted response to Thaigold. Show some manners if possible.

If you have bought 3 properties aleady you should know the answer or go the Amphor to find the answer.

You obviously didn't want to ask the question that you want to try a scam with a previous purchase.

Shan't wish you good luck this time.