Home Pro --- Spending Some Money On Our House

UKJASE

Hey Guys,

We are in the process of buying a house, and have been looking at stores where we can buy some white goods (washing machine, tv, oven & hob, bed, toilet, shower unit, kitchen units etc), plus materials for home inprovements, (paint, tiles, flooring etc)

can anyone give us some advice on which stores in the hua hin area are best for buying / comparing prices?

we looked in that huge store on the left, about 2/3rds of the way to cha am from hua hin... "thai ________" it is called

plus we looked in Home Pro...... prices looked similar at first glance, and the choice in both was extensive

what other choices are there in Hua Hin??

does anyone know if these stores offer discount cards for large purchases?

also, when we find what we want, in the UK it is often good to look online and see if it can be purchased elsewhere cheaper...... is this true in thailand too?? anyone know any good sites for any of the above items?

You won't find a lot of difference in pricing between stores here in Thailand since most "promotions" are sponsored by the manufacturer

The best you can do is join the loyalty card program offered by Home Pro and Home Works which will allow you to accumulate points, that can be redeemed for merchandise based upon the number of points you accumulate

Online shopping for appliances here in Thailand is available but the shipping charges make them a non starter since the prices are usually the same, if not higher than the chains

You are not going to get much of a discount for "large" purchases, although a local appliance store may throw in an extra inexpensive item (like a floor fan for instance) but that is the best you are going to get

not really after tools as such tho Samsiam, just large items and materials...... will leave the skilled work to the skilled people

just need to buy the stuff and someone else can install......

would also consider second hand on many items if the condition is good..... anywhere sell good second hand items, or are the classified sections of websites the best for this?? wai.gif

Check to see if Big Kiang has what you need. They will discount prices (bargain) as well and the more you buy at one time the bigger the discount. They have two locations currently in Hua Hin. Electronics and electric appliances across from Market Village and furniture on the right (west) side of Phetkasem road besid Soi 114.

Check to see if Big Kiang has what you need. They will discount prices (bargain) as well and the more you buy at one time the bigger the discount. They have two locations currently in Hua Hin. Electronics and electric appliances across from Market Village and furniture on the right (west) side of Phetkasem road besid Soi 114.

Thanks HH - had a look at Big Kiang this afternoon, and this store looks good and many thai people shopping there which is always a good sign.... i am gonna see what items we want, and right down the model numbers and see if Big Kiang can beat the prices we find

I also just had a look in Boonthavorn, on petchkasem, to the north of town...... gee that's an impressive store!! huge range and prices seem ok, although many imported items so i guess these are pricier than domestic product..... i wrote down a few prices of some samsung washing machines, and then compared them to Powerbuy, and the prices were the same, although Powerbuy did mention free delivery and free installation, plus maybe some discount up to 5%........

i have just remembered...... that huge store on the way to Cha Am is called Thai Watsadu.... on their about us page it says they are aimed at the building trade, so maybe these guys are good for pricing..... they are part of the HomeWorks group i believe

www.thaiwatsadu. com/aboutus_en.html - not sure if this link will show, so have put a space before the .com

not really after tools as such tho Samsiam, just large items and materials...... will leave the skilled work to the skilled people

would also consider second hand on many items if the condition is good..... anywhere sell good second hand items, or are the classified sections of websites the best for this?? wai.gif

Skilled people? In Thailand?

i have just remembered...... that huge store on the way to Cha Am is called Thai Watsadu.... on their about us page it says they are aimed at the building trade, so maybe these guys are good for pricing..... they are part of the HomeWorks group i believe

www.thaiwatsadu. com/aboutus_en.html - not sure if this link will show, so have put a space before the .com

I went to a Thai Watsadu in Khon Kaen and was impressed much more than Global House or Homepro.

• 6 months later...

I bought 75,000 baht worth of appliances and asked for a discount at both Home Pro and Index. I got about 2%, explanation was the margins are quite small on white goods which is why you see little price variation. Instead they give you little gifts; I got a toaster oven, a cushioned IKEA-style chair and a water heater/kettle thingy that keeps water hot all day.

I recomend Big Kiang. They are nice to deal with, deliver promptly, can do repairs and their prices will match or beat most everyone else in HH.

Home Pro monkeys don't know their products, few speak English and mostly stand around fiddling with their phones. They got their "jobs" because someone owed daddy a favour. And forget about after-sale service whereas Big Kiang are helpful in that regard.

I did not and would not buy kitchen cabinetry from HP. Its mainly sawdust/glue/veneer crap. It will not hold up to the humidity, good for Scandinavian condos maybe but that's it. You can get a fitted kitchen made with actual wood with granite counters for the same price or a bit more.Two pics of my kitchen, 85K THB all in plus appliances.

post-6392-0-63106900-1347474774_thumb.jp

post-6392-0-57495500-1347474810_thumb.jp

Edited by johnnyk
  • Like 1

Skilled people? In Thailand?

I was thinking exactly the same, they are a few here but very hard to find.