Transporting Cbr250R In Back Of Truck

Wedge the front wheel into the front corner. Use side stand to support bike. Use ropes on the upper fork legs, they are chrome so will not scratch, and attach to front tiedown points on the truck. Pull tight enough to just compress the suspension a little. Check out trucker's knot on interweb. It is a loop that acts like a pulley and allows you to pull the rope tight.

At the back attach to the rear foot rest and run the rope forward slightly to a point on the truck but be careful with bodywork take some old towels or something soft (old dusters) to place between rope and bodywork if there is any interference.

Double check this before setting off as 'other" people may not be as careful.

Edited by VocalNeal

Not sure if the bike bodywork will allow it, but if it is a double cab pickup , then the rear wheel could be lifted [temporarily out of the way] onto the side, the tail gate closed, then the rear wheel moved into the corner - if the length is right, it will wedge itself in and the tie-downs around the handlebar will secure it. (its what I used to do with motocross bikes)

Not sure if the bikeW bodywork will allow it, but if it is a double cab pickup , then the rear wheel could be lifted [temporarily out of the way] onto the side, the tail gate closed, then the rear wheel moved into the corner - if the length is right, it will wedge itself in and the tie-downs around the handlebar will secure it. (its what I used to do with motocross bikes)

CBR250 won't fit in a double cab Dmax without having the Tail gate down. If u stay off the motorway/tollway you should be alright but there's a high chance you'll get stopped on the tollway. I trucked my track bikes around a lot and got sick of being hassled so I bought a Hiace.

Edited by newf

I have a 4 door Ford ranger and the cbr250 fits in the back (just) with the tailgate up, the rear number plate bit is outside the tailgate. beware driving on express ways with it uncovered you will get a fine. the cover can just be a sheet.

have fun

I have a 4 door Ford ranger and the cbr250 fits in the back (just) with the tailgate up, the rear number plate bit is outside the tailgate. beware driving on express ways with it uncovered you will get a fine. the cover can just be a sheet.

have fun

I'll be driving from Chumpon to Suratthani.

+ 1

hop on it + ride that bitch home ,bring a water suit if your worried about rain but i think it looks pretty dry

If it was a big bike I'd certainly be more enthusiastic about driving it home. I can't think of anything more boring that 4 hours on that dual carriageway on a 250 thumper. lol

+ 1

hop on it + ride that bitch home ,bring a water suit if your worried about rain but i think it looks pretty dry

If it was a big bike I'd certainly be more enthusiastic about driving it home. I can't think of anything more boring that 4 hours on that dual carriageway on a 250 thumper. lol

i know its boring but just 4 hours and ive done a few of those kinda trips myself ,i usually pick something fast moving like a jeep doing about 150kmph and cruise behind it using it for a wind breaker + safety deterrant because if some idiot pulls out of of nowhere they have a speeding pick up to contend with

thais have zero respect of pulling out in front of an oncoming bike ,but they will think twice about a 2-3 tonne 4x4 :)

It's cool. Just hired a Toyota Vigo single cab. Length of bed is 2.3m - more than enough to fit the bike in with tailgate closed. Will pick up a dust cover from Honda tomorrow as well.

The weather forecast actually states rain for Suratthani on Friday & Saturday.

I certainly won't think twice about driving home the Ducatti Monster when I pick one up from Phuket later in the year!

Wedge the front wheel into the front corner. Use side stand to support bike. Use ropes on the upper fork legs, they are chrome so will not scratch, and attach to front tiedown points on the truck. Pull tight enough to just compress the suspension a little. Check out trucker's knot on interweb. It is a loop that acts like a pulley and allows you to pull the rope tight.

At the back attach to the rear foot rest and run the rope forward slightly to a point on the truck but be careful with bodywork take some old towels or something soft (old dusters) to place between rope and bodywork if there is any interference.

Double check this before setting off as 'other" people may not be as careful.

I generally do this, but strap to the handlebars rather than forks. I also pop a small plank of wood under the sidestand so it doesn't cut into my liner. I run the rope through the rear wheel. Turn the front wheel in to align with the pickup wall and you might get the tailgate up too. Otherwise another piece of rope to tie this up, with a red rag flying off it to keep the police happy!

You need three people to load and unload; one person gets up on the pickup to steady the bike, the two others lift the front of the bike (one either side lifting the bottom of the forks). When the front wheel of the bike is up the person on the pickup steadies the bike while the other two lift up the back of the bike (again either side). Try to avoid picking up the bike via its plastics or damaging plastics when strapping the bike down (comment on rags above is good) . Thai helpers have a habit of lifting the bike via its plastics so might be worth forewarning them...

Finally the metal straps in the pickup liner do come away; check the side bolt that holds them in is fully screwed in; it seems they are not assembled with locktite and unscrew themselves; you would not want this to come out while its strapping a bike down!

I manage to get an SP in the back of my 4 door pickup while something smaller like a Wave will fit with the tail gate up. Amazing what you can get in them.

As a side comment: I would not have anything else than a pickup in Thailand!

Edited by MaiChai

[ with a red rag flying off it to keep the police happy!

Two weeks ago we used an old Indonesian flag that was hanging around.wink.png But above about 60 kph it goes Polish... Indonesian...Polish... Indonesian...Polish... Indonesian...Polish... Indonesian...tongue.png

This is probably a stupid question, but why keep the bike upright on its stand? Why not lie it down on its side, lowering the centre of gravity - wouldn't this make it more secure?

Scratched/broken fairings?

This is probably a stupid question, but why keep the bike upright on its stand? Why not lie it down on its side, lowering the centre of gravity - wouldn't this make it more secure?

Surely if you put some foam down and used plenty of padding/packing, this wouldn't be a problem.

Surely if you put some foam down and used plenty of padding/packing, this wouldn't be a problem.

Don't do it. Chances are it will piss gas and you might end up with oil running from your crankcase into the airbox too... There's a reason bikes aren't shipped lying on their side!

I guess it's too late now as you've hired a truck but you could have just sent it by post for about 1000B. Can't believe you didn't want to ride such a relatively short distance rain or not.

Watch those roads in Samui.

Edited by macknife

Would just like to thank everyone for the great advice. I picked the bike up yesterday in my friend's pick up and got back home safely. Unloaded the bike this morning, scratch free.

Very happy with the bike, thanks very much to Judas for the great deal (he didn't live up to the name!)