Chiang Khong - Houei Xai Border Crossing With Private Car Into Laos

cowslip

I think the original question was a bit obscure.

Can I take my car across here?

Is there a ferry or something?

Are private vehicles permitted to pass here?

if not what other crossings are there besides Friendship Bridges 1,2 and 3?

NOT from an immigration, but from any land and transport office.

You need the blue book for the car,and if that is not in your own name authourisation from the owner, then you need a "Passport rot " ( its a purple couled book) from the land transport office ,they will give you the sticker with the letter T,

At the border you will need the Original of every thing not a copy,

Its a little complicated at the border as you have to fill in a form listing all the people travelling with you. The wording is strange as the call the passengers "crew".

Don't forget in Laos they drive on the "Wrong " side of the road as in Europe jap.gif

NOT from an immigration, but from any land and transport office.

You need the blue book for the car,and if that is not in your own name authourisation from the owner, then you need a "Passport rot " ( its a purple couled book) from the land transport office ,they will give you the sticker with the letter T,

At the border you will need the Original of every thing not a copy,

Its a little complicated at the border as you have to fill in a form listing all the people travelling with you. The wording is strange as the call the passengers "crew".

Don't forget in Laos they drive on the "Wrong " side of the road as in Europe jap.gif

looks like you and moon River are on the wrong thread.

yes there's a ferry waiting for you or you can wait till they finish constructing the bridge which is supposed to be finished by this year(friendship bridge4 but i don't think it will be done this year)

there are other crossing boarders other than friendship bridge 1,2,3 but I don't know your destination

If to go to Luangprabang then take friendship bridge 1 and if going to Luangnamtha or Bokeo Huayxai then cross boarder from Chiangkong

If going to Pakbeng then cross the boarder to Mueangeungon from Nan district of thailand.