Proper Procedure For Bike Modifications In Thailand?

manarak

I am toying with the idea of modifying a Nouvo to increase its carrying capacity.

In detail, I would have the front spoiler reduced and hooks added on both sides at the front, and I would add some minor armature near the back wheel to be able to add some bags on the side.

What government department can officially approve these mods? How to apply?

Thanks

no need

it was my understanding that police will stop modified bikes and fine the driver?

See the monkeybike/ Chaly in my avatar?

Swapped the engine, loud exhaust, custom forks, custom seating, changed the wheels, pulls wheelies

And I was never stopped once for it.

I was stopped at a drunk check one night and have no papers for the bike and still had no problems

This is in Chiang Mai, not Bangkok though.

Cops do seem to be pulling over skinny wheeled bikes though, or atleast tacking that fine on after stopping them for no helmet.

no need

it was my understanding that police will stop modified bikes and fine the driver?

you are not changing the engine etc. so its just cosmetic. if you change the colour then you have to get it changed in the green book. otherwise!!!

no need

you are not changing the engine etc. so its just cosmetic. if you change the colour then you have to get it changed in the green book. otherwise!!!