Suspected Drunk Driver Dies In East Pattaya Road Crash

Rimmer

Suspected drunk driver dies in East Pattaya road crash

PATTAYA:-- Excess consumption of alcoholic beverages continues to kill residents of Pattaya.

In the early hours of Wednesday Police and Rescue Services were called to Soi 35 off the Siam Country Club Road to deal with a single-vehicle motorbike accident which led to the death of its driver, Khun Wanlop aged 27. He was driving a Black and Red Honda Wave motorbike in an extremely erratic fashion, according to witnesses and was seen to slam the bike into a concrete street pylon at a high rate of speed.

Family members of the deceased man were quickly on-scene and noticed a puncture wound on Khun Wanlop’s chest and assumed he had been shot prior to the crash. This was later discounted by Police who determined the injury had been caused during the impact with the street pylon. It was confirmed Khun Wanlop had been drinking earlier in the night

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/51999/suspected-drunk-driver-dies-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-03-28

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Living on SSCC myself I aften hear motorcycles all hours of the night zooming up the street at excessive rates of speed. I always wait to here the crash and often I here the ambulances sirens shortly after they pass by.

I actually can't believe how many sirens I have heard lately on SSCC.

I have long felt that a max speed limit of 60kph should be posted all along SSCC and it is not just bikes but foreigners in cars who speed along that road and around the lake. I have been forced to the road side by oncoming speeding cars on the wrong side of the road on blind corners and traffic is getting heavier along the road all the time. It pays to be ultra careful when using SSCC.