Cargo From Bangkok To Samui

spadgham

Hi,

I have a baggage allowance of 50kg on my international flight from London to Bangkok. However, I am only allowed to a limit of 20kg on Bangkok Airways' internal flight from Bangkok to Samui. It is very likely that I will be close to my 50kg limit flying from London. I need to transport a bag/box of books and papers for my own personal educational usage. Can anyone recommend a good way for me to get this package from Bangok to Samui without having to pay the excess baggage charges on Bangkok Airways?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers!!

There is a post office in the domestic terminal. You can send EMS packages up to 20 kilo each, maybe more. Pack three parcels back home and just visit the post office. One or two days delivery maximum. You will even get a tracking number.

There is a post office in the domestic terminal. You can send EMS packages up to 20 kilo each, maybe more. Pack three parcels back home and just visit the post office. One or two days delivery maximum. You will even get a tracking number.

Many thanks! Sorry for my ignorance but what is an EMS package please? Is this just a normal post office courier service?

According to a friend of mine you go around the corner to the Bangkok Air freight office and put your stuff on the plane as air freight, he said the price was quite reasonable. I've never done it myself so I can't give you anything more specific than that but he does it quite often.

According to a friend of mine you go around the corner to the Bangkok Air freight office and put your stuff on the plane as air freight, he said the price was quite reasonable. I've never done it myself so I can't give you anything more specific than that but he does it quite often.

.......a 17kg package to bkk cost less than THB 400 in this manner.

Anyone ever use the EMS from Samui to UK or US? Would like to know what the actual delivery time was.

.......8 to 10 days; you can trace it once it reaches UK by logging into the 'parcelforce' website and entering the number shown on your EMS receipt.

That's what I thought, but George's comment interested me. At 8-10 days it's no real gain on normal air-mail.

Just a thought but if your baggage is checked in direct to Samui maybe Bangkok Air will not know the weight. If you have to collect your baggage from the International side and recheck in at the Domestic then this is what the Filipinos would do:-...........................

Hang around the check in until you find someone who is travelling light i.e hand carry only and then check in together. Pretty ###### sneeky eh ???

Just a thought but if your baggage is checked in direct to Samui maybe Bangkok Air will not know the weight. If you have to collect your baggage from the International side and recheck in at the Domestic then this is what the Filipinos would do:-...........................

....good point. The last time I checked there were 23 airlines with an agreement with bkk airways to allow customers to do this. The list is on their website.