Alcohol Ban For Songkran Around The Moat

DiamondKing

I just read an article that says, an Alcohol Ban will be strictly enforced during Songkran in Chiang Mai and NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO SELL ALCOHOL around the moat during the festival. Any drunken people will be prohibited to join in the celebrations.

http://www.chiangmai.../news.php?id=21

This should be a fun Songkran just to see them enforce this.

DK

Edited by DiamondKing

I guess it is a good idea but from what I have seen there it won't change munch.

Exactly. There will be people acting like idiots anyway, alcohol sale or not.

Yep, pretty difficult to tell the drunks from the idiots.

• Like 2

Hey! I resemble that! Not all drunks are idiots! And not all idiots are drunk. tongue.png

Anyway, Method One:

havana-club-anejo-blanco-rum.jpg + 171004_L.jpg

Then hit your glass of Coke.

Disadvantages:

• Unless you squirt directly into mouth, this requires an exposed glass of coke somewhere. This makes it a less mobile solution.
  • Small cheap water guns often leak.

Advantages:

• Very stealthy when used with clear spirits.
  • I guess this solution could scale up easily, so you'd fill a big CPS-1000 gun with a whole bottle of coke and a third bottle of rum. That way you could drink from 20-30 feet away if you have a buddy with a decent aim.. Hmm..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Method Two:

77-160264img01.jpg

Advantages:

• Can prepare in advance, complete with mixers, ice, lime.
  • When not in use, contents is protected from flying moat water.
  • Very mobile if the sippy bottle comes with a neck strap. This also means you have your hands free to misbehave.

Disadvantages:

• Looks a little gay. Though they also have them with Spiderman and Ben 10 branding.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

I've been in Chiang Mai for at least 5 Songkrans, and I believe every one had signage saying "NO ALCOHOL." Yet at every single one I had no problem getting a beer. Anyway, I always laugh at the prospect of the Thai Police actually enforcing real LAWS, let alone something so stupid as this.

• Like 1

Spent last years Songkran with a few Thai friends driving old army jeeps One of my friends is in traffic police based in the city. They seemed to make a point of stopping at every "no alcohol" banner to top up our drinks. TiT !

• Like 2

Hey! I resemble that! Not all drunks are idiots! And not all idiots are drunk. tongue.png

Anyway, Method One:

havana-club-anejo-blanco-rum.jpg + 171004_L.jpg

Then hit your glass of Coke.

Disadvantages:

• Unless you squirt directly into mouth, this requires an exposed glass of coke somewhere. This makes it a less mobile solution.
  • Small cheap water guns often leak.

Advantages:

• Very stealthy when used with clear spirits.
  • I guess this solution could scale up easily, so you'd fill a big CPS-1000 gun with a whole bottle of coke and a third bottle of rum. That way you could drink from 20-30 feet away if you have a buddy with a decent aim.. Hmm..

is_supersoaker_ss300_01.jpg?w=450&h=337

The back pack holds the Whiskey, the bottles on the gun hold the soda.

Pump Pump Mix, SHOOT!

Go big or go home!

• Like 2

Was it only me that noticed the date on the newspaper was April 1st?? coffee1.gif

edit......webpage

There have been signs around the moat area confirming the "No Alcohol" rule for quite some time now.

Last year there were alcohol free zones but not the entire moat area like this year.