How Do I Get A Teachers License?

djbarry

hi there!

i have been teaching in Thailand for over 7 years. i am currently teaching at a government school and my contract ends at the end of April (that will be three years working at this school)...

yesterday, my boss told me that they wont be renewing my contract, on the grounds that i dont have a teaching license!!! hmmmmmm..or maybe they dont like me...LOL

so, how do i go about a teaching license? can some1 point me to a website, or a post on thaivisa..

i would really appreciate some informationwai.gif

thanx in advance

djbarry (Nonthaburi)

This thread may provide you with some information:

It's rather long, but take a look at the more recent pages and it might give you an idea.

To get a teacher's license, you need to have a Bachelor's degree in Education (or the number of credits equivalent to a professional teaching qualification). If you don't have that, then there are a series of exams you can take, but this is a long-shot.

If you have a Bachelor's degree in any subject area, you can get a waiver until you 'upgrade' your degree or take the exams.

Best of luck and feel free to post any questions you may have.

If you're an American, you will have to sign up for some post-graduate education classes from a university. You do not have to go on the "long haul" toward getting your Master's degree, but having a teaching license (especially one from the U.S.) opens a tremendous amount of doors to you...

There's a group of hard working teachers studying together to pass the 4 TCT (Teacher's Council Thailand) exams. They cooperate and share their information at the free member website forum, thailand teaching dot asia. They are so well informed and abreast of things that some people believed that they may even have had a TCT contact coffee1.gifclap2.gif .

Edited by somchaismith

• 5 months later...

hi there...

just a follow-up to this story. i really need to do a 'thai culture course'. is there any available in October 2012. i know that there is 1 in september at the Suan Dusit Resort, Bangokok.

Can any1 pls help.

thanx

David J Barry

hi there...

just a follow-up to this story. i really need to do a 'thai culture course'. is there any available in October 2012. i know that there is 1 in september at the Suan Dusit Resort, Bangokok.

Can any1 pls help.

thanx

David J Barry

Hi David..

4 courses in Oct

8th-10th------15th-17th---------22nd-24th--------------29th-31st

PSTAT. 4/516 Sahakorn Village soi 21, Senthai Rd, Klong KUm , Bangkok.

4,500baht

Have you been working on the teachers licence waivers or haven't you needed the waiver?

if you haven't had the waiver yet well look into that as that will give you 2 years or more.

Edited by thaicbr