Fedex In Cm

Guest siamjourney

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun SiamJourney,

http://www.fedex.com/th/dropoff/

Well, years ago, there was a drop-off center on Loy Kroh, and I avoided it, because: I found the people there rude and unhelpful. FedEx's site (above) right now shows no alternates to the Chiang Mai main office, a "World Service Center."

There is a "Station" listed for Lamphun at the site, down at the bottom of the page.

By contrast, I find the current staff at the main office, on the Superhighway, very helpful, courteous.

You can dial Fed Ex Thailand support using 1782, but, warning: they will not give you the local number for the Chiang Mai main office. I have filed a complaint about that, in fact.

If you start an account with FedEx here, they will, in the future, come to you and pick-up.

good luck, ~o:37;

Guest siamjourney

Could someone tell me a bit more specifically where the location is on the Superhighway? I'm sure I've driven past it before but never needed to go there until now. Also, DHL is closer to me and wants about 1000 baht to send to the States. I was going to use FedEx but is there any compelling reason not to use DHL? Thanks.

Could someone tell me a bit more specifically where the location is on the Superhighway? I'm sure I've driven past it before but never needed to go there until now. Also, DHL is closer to me and wants about 1000 baht to send to the States. I was going to use FedEx but is there any compelling reason not to use DHL? Thanks.

You'll do just as well with DHL and they might be cheaper.

Go out CharoenMuang (east) to the Superhighway: turn left: stick to the left side of the road (the feeder road): keep your eyes on the left as you go past about 1km. : it's a large building.

The phone number for that main FedEx Office is: 053 305212-3 (yes, they responded to my complaint).

I personally would not use DHL, and I do not care to explain why. I have had no problems using FedEX both in-bound and out-bound.

good luck, ~o:37

Guest siamjourney

Thanks for everyone's help. The local DHL office has a Thai who speaks very good English and answered all my questions politely. I might just go with them for convenience unless I have a strong reason not to.

• 9 months later...

FedEx just delivered an important letter from USA to our home address in Chiang Mai without any problems.

We had a tracking number, so I could follow the letter. It took them in total 3,5 days (Virginia,USA -> Guangzhou,China -> Samutprakarn, Thailand -> CM).

BTW: I called the local FedEx office in CM (many thanks to Orang37 on this forum for providing the phone number!) to inform them about our new phone number since we can only be reached in the building by phone (many condos here have no doorbell!) The FedEx customer service guy spoke English, was very friendly and supportive and informed the delivery guys who were already on their way.

Eventually, the FedEx guy called us when he was close to our building - so no problems at all!

Good job, FedEx!