Paddock Stand Buying Advice

Most bike shops that sell parts for big bikes have them available. If you need to have both the front and back of the bike off the ground at the same time and you want to only use stands then you will have to purchase 2 stands, 1 for the rear and another for the front with the long nose adapter (as I call it). Not expensive, you can get a DPM stand (Dynamic Power) for around 500-600 baht for the rear and the front with adapter will cost around 900 baht in the Bangkok area. You will also have to purchase the a rear set of stand adapter spools that screw into the back of the bike for the rear stand to lift the bike, average cost 200-600 baht depending on how fancy you want them to look.

Stands are great to have around when your doing maintenance.

Edited by commande

Commande - what does the adaptor on the front stand?

The front stand is a head lift stand - you can see a picture of the DMP S-Spec Head Lift Stand at the following link http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/track_and_garage/motorcycle_stands_and_lifts/dmp/s_spec_head_lift_motorcycle_stand.html -

Note: I have nothing to do with that site nor do I suggest you purchase anything from them. This is just a reference as you can get these here in Bangkok just about everywhere.

The stand actually lifts the front of the bike by placing a bar between the front forks and lifting via the center level triple tree brace.

Are they a universal size Wana?

I'm based down here on Samui. So will need to get a set posted down. Will check out 59bike - thanks for the info!

mine is fully adjustable to suit most mid size bikes but i doubt it could lift a hayabusa or a goldwing ,i think they cost about 1900

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/bike_tek_red_front_paddock_stand.jpg

I know this can't be bought in Thailand but if you can get someone to take it for you from outside Thailand I would highly recommend an Abba stand. I took one with me from the UK (managed to fit it into a big case) and I am glad I did. Can be used without the help of someone unlike the Paddock stand. Its great for lubing the chain and also for keeping stored for long periods of time.

http://www.abbastand...gallery.asp?m=7

Edited by dezy1801

i can lift my bike up with the paddock stand without help from someone else ,never dropped it yet smile.png

well, to be fair.. its not hard to do if the bike has a sidestand.... especially with and ER 6 thumbsup.gif

exactly ,and the op is only lifting a 250cc hornet ? it shouldnt be much of task ......

Can be used without the help of someone unlike the Paddock stand.

i can lift my bike up with the paddock stand without help from someone else ,never dropped it yet smile.png

Everyone to there own I suppose but I always have someone to hold the bike if I use one as I don't like to take unnecessary risks and I found the Abba stand to be far easier to use than a paddock stand and less risky IMO.

Can be used without the help of someone unlike the Paddock stand.

Everyone to there own I suppose but I always have someone to hold the bike if I use one as I don't like to take unnecessary risks and I found the Abba stand to be far easier to use than a paddock stand and less risky IMO.

seriously ,its easy ,just be smooth about it in one motion ,put a block of wood under the side stand so the bike is standing a bit more vertical and the stand + leverage will do the rest :)

all jokes aside ,the ABBA stand looks great though

if they were the same price + availability in thailand i would get one

We sell DMP S-Spec paddock stands here at Sumet for 1,700 per set. Shipping is available anywhere in Thailand. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks.

Brian

I bought one of these from SC. No complaints and a solidly built piece of kit.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We sell DMP S-Spec paddock stands here at Sumet for 1,700 per set. Shipping is available anywhere in Thailand. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Did you get my PM? Money is burning a hole in my pocket.! :)

Thanks

Garry

Brian

I screwed up this post, guys. Sorry, but the stands are actually 1,700 each.

Still a good price for quality stands.

Do they fit a CBR 150R (Year 2012)? Do i need Bobbins for the stands and where to mount the Bobbins on a "new" CBR 150? Or are there better solutions for a CBR 150? Sorry, i am a total noob to paddock stands :)

I'll get myself aftermarket triples and have the pin adapter capability. I've wanted aftermarket triples anyway, as the factory ones, lowers especially, look like crap.

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

• 2 months later...