Woman Hurt By Exploding Can Of Fish

george

Woman hurt by exploding can of fish

PHATTALUNG: -- A woman was taken to hospital and given 29 stitches yesterday after a can of fish, donated as part of flood-relief efforts, exploded as she tried to open it. Sarapee Muennoo, 35, of Khuan Khanun district of Phatthalung, tried to prise the can open with a knife but it exploded in her face, causing deep facial cuts.

The contents gave off a strong smell and Ms Sarapee fainted. She was taken to Khuan Khanun hospital and received 29 stitches.

According to the expiry date printed on the can, the fish was not due to expire until November 2008. The canned fish was produced locally. The Provincial Industry Office promised to inspect the factory which produced the canned fish.

--Bangkok Post 2005-12-29

"The contents gave off a strong smell and Ms Sarapee fainted. She was taken to Khuan Khanun hospital and received 29 stitches."

Can't be a true Thai then if she faints at the smell of dead fish! My wife has this bottle which she sneaks into the kitchen sometimes (normally it is forbidden in the house) in which she has the usual fermented dead fish sauce which would give Porton Down pause for thought. An essential ingredient for Pappaya Salad I am informed but how anyone gets near this toxic waste I have no idea! :o

"The contents gave off a strong smell and Ms Sarapee fainted. She was taken to Khuan Khanun hospital and received 29 stitches."

Can't be a true Thai then if she faints at the smell of dead fish! My wife has this bottle which she sneaks into the kitchen sometimes (normally it is forbidden in the house) in which she has the usual fermented dead fish sauce which would give Porton Down pause for thought. An essential ingredient for Pappaya Salad I am informed but how anyone gets near this toxic waste I have no idea! :o

Ahhhh. It ads a subtle hint of 'the other side' to a scrumptous meal from hel_l. Love it :D