Kanchanaburi

Kananga

I am looking for a budget hotel near to the bridge with a swimming pool. Can anyone provide any recommendations? We will have small children with us so the ones right on/over the river will not be suitable.

Thanks

River Kwai Bridge Resort is new and clean with a 20-metre long swimming pool. The hotel restaurant is right by the Kwai River and overlooks the bridge. It's within a 5-minute walking distance to the bridge and Kanchanaburi's backpacker road. The price should be around 1,500 baht a night. Breakfast is quite limited though.

http://www.riverkwaibridgeresort.com/

http://www.sabaiatkan.com/

About a 10 minute stroll to the bridge. Not on the river. Very clean ( a must for me ). Includes an adequate buffet breakfast and free wi-fi ( pretty quick) In their price bracket I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Some reviews

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297924-d1544588-Reviews-Sabai_Kan_Resort-Kanchanaburi_Kanchanaburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

You might also want to check www.thaigardeninn.com.

Their family room for 4 persons is 1750baht per night inc breakfast, free wi-fi and they have a pool. (800 metres from the Bridge).

I will be staying there for a few nights in July and could let you know more after that time if it's not too late (you don't say when you are planning to go).

If you are around the tourist part of Kachanaburi, beware of the prices of everything like cold drinks, ice cream for the kids etc. Like any Thai town there is the 7-11s, and they have the same prices as 7-11s anywhere else, but someone has made sure there are no 7-11s anywhere near the vicinity of the bridge, ex, can of coke 7-11 14Baht, tourist area, 20Baht. I know most tourist don't mind being ripped off as they have plenty of spending money, the vendors in the bridge vicity know this.

If you go on the train run, this is very good value and I would recommend it, but if you get off the train at any of the stations and wait for it to return on the way back, the vendors for buying cold drinks etc, are much worse. ex,for a small ice lolly which normally costs 7 Baht. one vendor wanted 30Baht.

but someone has made sure there are no 7-11s anywhere near the vicinity of the bridge,

But there is a shop which I go to opposide the Police Box. Have a look at in there. Same or better prices than 7/11. Last shop going up and away from the Famous Bridge over the River Khwae (Kwai).

If you go on the train run, this is very good value and I would recommend it, but if you get off the train at any of the stations and wait for it to return on the way back, the vendors for buying cold drinks etc, are much worse. ex,for a small ice lolly which normally costs 7 Baht. one vendor wanted 30Baht.

Why is that then "possum1931" ?

I know, but you have no clue do you............ It is called transportation and the cooling system so far away from this town? to any very small station other than.........

As far as I know and I live in Kan, for sure there are some folks in an area which I will not mention at one station near a Cave, yes they do rip you off, however this is not the "Real Kan" as I know it and Kan does not rip you off. Try the end of the railway line at Nam Tok (Sai Yok Noi Waterfall) and then tell us what the prices are there.

36175718.jpg

Thank you all for reading this post.

Win w00t.gif

but someone has made sure there are no 7-11s anywhere near the vicinity of the bridge,

But there is a shop which I go to opposide the Police Box. Have a look at in there. Same or better prices than 7/11. Last shop going up and away from the Famous Bridge over the River Khwae (Kwai).

I know, but you have no clue do you............ It is called transportation and the cooling system so far away from this town? to any very small station other than.........

As far as I know and I live in Kan, for sure there are some folks in an area which I will not mention at one station near a Cave, yes they do rip you off, however this is not the "Real Kan" as I know it and Kan does not rip you off. Try the end of the railway line at Nam Tok (Sai Yok Noi Waterfall) and then tell us what the prices are there.

36175718.jpg

Win w00t.gif

Is there really any need to tell someone they 'dont have a clue'? Its not very nice when someone was just trying to help and I very much doubt you would talk like that to his face.

Win w00t.gif

Is there really any need to tell someone they 'dont have a clue'? Its not very nice when someone was just trying to help and I very much doubt you would talk like that to his face.

Well if they do not have a clue that is about this Provice (Please read my post above as I do have a clue) just complaining about......... what............ no 7/11 by the Famous Bridge of the River Khwae.......... or was it that Buffalo....over ...The River.....

Sure helping hands is what ThaiVisa is all about, but when someone paints this Provice like the poster above, I did have to protest and said what I was thinking.

Sorry if I upset so folks, but life is real and Kan is NOT A RIP OFF PLACE.

Thank you all and welcome to Kan should you wish to visit this 3rd largest Provice, just a bit out of Bangkok to your west.

Win