Welsh Man Presents A Fake 20 Pound Note To Bank

britmaveric

Welsh man presents a fake 20 Pound Sterling Note to Bank in Soi Beokeow.

Police were called to the Siam Commercial Bank sub-branch in front of the Siam Sawasdee Hotel on Soi Beokeow after staff reported a Welsh man who had presented them with a fake Sterling Bank note with the intentions of exchanging the note for Thai Currency.

Mr. Leonard Pearce aged 67 from Caerphilly in Wales is alleged to have presented the fake 20 Pound Sterling note to the teller, Khun Niranoot who quickly realized the note was fake. Police detained Mr. Pearce who denied he was aware that the bank note was not real. After some discussion it was decided to let him go on his way as only one of the notes he attempted to exchange was fake.

-Pattaya City News

Friday 30th December 2005

Poor guy. There are so many fake 20`s about in the UK. Most of the banks don`t even check them when they are paid in. They are supposed to weigh large bank note deposits but this is also not accurate.

A couple of months ago I withdrew £2000 in 20`s from the HSBC bank in order to buy some travellers cheques from Thomas Cook who were situated within the bank branch.

The Thomas Cook teller counted the money and in one bundle there was a £10 note instead of a £20 note thus making it £10 short..but in the other there was £20 too much....so I was up a tenner.

She said that it wasn`t cost effective for the bank branch staff to either count large note deposits or even to check if they were fakes.

So in the Uk the banks must be dealing with fake notes all the time and must pass them on to customers.

A good job that this chap tried to change only one fake note......If he had received say 5 fakes from a UK bank and then tried to change them in Thailand he would through no fault of his own be in the slammer. :o

Police were called to the Siam Commercial Bank sub-branch in front of the Siam Sawasdee Hotel on Soi Beokeow after staff reported a Welsh man who had presented them with a fake Sterling Bank note with the intentions of exchanging the note for Thai Currency.

Mr. Leonard Pearce aged 67 from Caerphilly in Wales is alleged to have presented the fake 20 Pound Sterling note to the teller, Khun Niranoot who quickly realized the note was fake. Police detained Mr. Pearce who denied he was aware that the bank note was not real. After some discussion it was decided to let him go on his way as only one of the notes he attempted to exchange was fake.

-Pattaya City News

Imposible A "Welshman" with a 20 no way, the social security in wales only pay out in £5 and £10 notes

If you are British; it is quite easy to spot forged twenty pound notes; the ones I have seen are not so good; plus I am sure I am right in saying ATM's in the UK never dispense forged notes.

However to British and Europeans I say beware of forged US dollars, especially 50's and 100's. I have been given by American Express money counter in the UK forged US $ notes. They were knocked back by a teller on Pattaya Klang at the KTB kiosk outside the bank. He spent ages examining the notes and used a light and magnifier etc. I was $150 down; lucky he didn't call the fuzz....but I showed him my AMEX receipt and he just laughed.

Dunno new yank 50/100 are pretty hard to forge - watermarks, oversized heads, colours, silver threads, and holograms. Faire play to them if they can manage to duplicate all that. :o Now old yank currency you might have smth there, if anything I've heard Euros are perhaps the easiest with varied designs for different EU countries. 20 denomination are most common forged bill for Brits, EU, Yanks, Canadians, Aussies ect.

Edited by britmaveric

The Thomas Cook teller counted the money and in one bundle there was a £10 note instead of a £20 note thus making it £10 short..but in the other there was £20 too much....so I was up a tenner.

She said that it wasn`t cost effective for the bank branch staff to either count large note deposits or even to check if they were fakes.

Always good news when the bank gets it wrong in your favour. :D

Do they not have counting machines? If ever I take out 50 or say 100 notes I make sure they are counted twice.

Banks are a bit like sex; once you withdraw you soon lose interest. :D

Yeah I know it's an old joke; but only if you have heard it before. :o

-Pattaya City News

Interesting where he is from the stories below are from the same place!

Other facts - Tommy Cooper was born there and its famous for cheese!!

Welsh rugby fan cuts off testicles after win

LONDON (Reuters) - A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles to celebrate Wales beating England at rugby, the Daily Mirror has reported. Geoff Huish, 26, was so convinced England would win Saturday's match he told fellow drinkers at a social club, "If Wales win I'll cut my balls off", the paper said on Tuesday.

Friends at the club in Caerphilly, south Wales, thought he was joking. But after the game Huish went home, severed his testicles with a knife, and walked 200 metres back to the bar with the testicles to show the shocked drinkers what he had done. Huish was taken to hospital where he remained in a seriously ill condition, the paper said. Police told the paper he had a history of mental problems.

Wales's 11-9 victory over England at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff was their first home win over England in 12 years.

In Caerphilly, Wales, UK, a 23 year old man wandered into his local train station to sleep off all the booze he had just drunk. It was only after a train had passed over him, missing him by inches, that railway guards became aware of the man.

Police arrested the man and threw him in a jail cell to sober up.

-Pattaya City News

LONDON (Reuters) - A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles to celebrate Wales beating England at rugby, the Daily Mirror has reported. Geoff Huish, 26, was so convinced England would win Saturday's match he told fellow drinkers at a social club, "If Wales win I'll cut my balls off", the paper said on Tuesday.

Friends at the club in Caerphilly, south Wales, thought he was joking. But after the game Huish went home, severed his testicles with a knife, and walked 200 metres back to the bar with the testicles to show the shocked drinkers what he had done. Huish was taken to hospital where he remained in a seriously ill condition, the paper said. Police told the paper he had a history of mental problems.

Wales's 11-9 victory over England at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff was their first home win over England in 12 years.

In Caerphilly, Wales, UK, a 23 year old man wandered into his local train station to sleep off all the booze he had just drunk. It was only after a train had passed over him, missing him by inches, that railway guards became aware of the man.

At least the poor old Welsh chap had a good reason for cutting off his knackers!

Thailand hasent even got a rugby team!!!!!!!

It doesent seem to stop them doing it!!!!!!!!

-Pattaya City News

At least the poor old Welsh chap had a good reason for cutting off his knackers!

Thailand hasent even got a rugby team!!!!!!! and the men have no balls!!

It doesent seem to stop them doing it!!!!!!!!